Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic sensor with pic16f876 ( I need ur help ) ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

rania1996

hi everyone I am using pic16f876 ,I will use ultrasonic sensor this is the data sheet of ultrasonic **broken link removed** ...
I wanna ask about the triggerpin and the echo pin ^_^
which bit I can use for send a signal and which one receives ??

and if you know how to use PWM with it plz tell me :)

thank you
rania

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not able to access the data sheet from the link you posted, so I don't know what ultrasonic module you are trying to use. I have used the utrasonic sensors from Parallax and found them very easy to use. With this module you use the same pin for trigger and echo. You start out with the PIC pin set up as an output (TRIS bit set to 0), pulse the triggerpin, then change the PIC pin to be an input (TRIS bit set to 1), then determine the time period required for the return of the echo pulse. I used the CAPTURE/COMPARE peripheral on the PIC to read the echo pulse timing. The PWM peripheral cannot be used to read the echo pulse timing, so I am not clear as to why you want to use it.

thanxx

ahaaa ^^"
thanx a lot .. got it ^___^

I use "ping)))" from parallax too

don't worry a bout the PWM .. I solved the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back