Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultracapacitors have come a long way, and still going..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's only 12v or so from your drill willi, I really have to wonder what would happen to that magnet if that coil was subjected to 70v from someone electro's coil gun :twisted:

1000uF charged to 60V makes it fly about 1,5m before hiting the ground wen fired at 45°

I didnt try conecting it to my coilgun (It has 3 parallel pairs of two 10 000 uF 63V caps in serial)
and its not even asembeld right now becose i tock it a part to make an litle 3000V generator.
But it shod go quite a distance since i get an projetile go 7m wen fired at 45°(Its siting on the floor and not the table)

I once tryed to put that magnet in a playtic box and an coil under it.The coil was then feed 50Hz AC from an mains transformer.The magnet went wild.It stared jumping all over the box and moving the box around.Kinda fun to watch.

zachtheterrible said:
If that's only 12v or so from your drill willi, I really have to wonder what would happen to that magnet if that coil was subjected to 70v from someone electro's coil gun :twisted:
Zach this ebay store sells lots of magnets for sale..
**broken link removed**

Pep boys now sells a 1F ultra cap ( the kind for car audio)..with a 0.0015 ohms ESR..
if it was cheaper i would have got one..but at $99 american i just couldnt see it..
at .5CV^2 thats 72 Jouls energy.at 12V hmmm
my 110F cap holds 343Jouls...but the ESR is 0.003 ohms

edit: i found a good source for magnets , these arrived today..
**broken link removed**
they are AMAZINGLY STRONG , at least twice as strong as the 1/2 "
ones i have..and for 1.50 each you cant go wrong..

audioguru said:
Fly a kite with copper wire instead of string during a lightning storm. The bolt of lighning should give your coil enough current to fire a magnet pretty far. :lol:

About 2.21 jigawatts, if I recall correctly.

Just found something cool the other day..
google " Flow Battery " or try this link
**broken link removed**
at the bottom of the page is a description of how it works.

Dear friends I want a circuit diagram of Thyristor current control,with 4-20mA,
0-20 V PID out put to Heater temparature control

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back