Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultracapacitors have come a long way, and still going..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zach,
How did you see the flying lawnmower and boats vids I posted?

audioguru said:
Hi Zach,
How did you see the flying lawnmower and boats vids I posted?

thats just the thing, i never did :cry: . I usually don't even bother with trying to see videos anyway because they take FOREVER to download with my 56k.

Hi Zach,
When I had dial-up I downloaded stuff overnight.
Now with high-speed cable internet, videos play "live" and huge downloads take only seconds. :lol:

zachtheterrible said:
I'm giving up!!! It says that the file is corrupted! :evil: :evil:

That's Homeland Security trying to bury his invention before it upsets the balance of power in the world. They did the same thing with my cold fusion cell.

audioguru said:
Hi Zach,
When I had dial-up I downloaded stuff overnight.
Now with high-speed cable internet, videos play "live" and huge downloads take only seconds. :lol:

It would seem that you are spiting me! :lol:

I can't force myself to pay more than $5 a month for my dialup :wink:

I saw it, FINALLY!! I just had to switch over to windows for a couple minutes . . . reminds me of why i changed to linux :lol:

What exactly happened in that video?

What is that that jumped and what made it jump??
Ive never seen a mexican jumping bean jump when power was applied to it :lol:

A Mexican jumping bean jumps when warmed by the current in the coil.
It would probably also jump from the heat of the lamp on his camera.

It's a farce, like when the Americans sent men to the moon.
Sudbury, Canada looks exactly like the moon, with rocks all over the place. They mine nickel ore there. The moon mission was probably filmed in Sudbury. Hee, hee. :lol:

zachtheterrible said:
What is that that jumped and what made it jump??
Ive never seen a mexican jumping bean jump when power was applied to it :lol:
Its a 1/2 '' dia. by 1/2 '' neodinum(sp) magnet , the coil creates a magnetic field , and like poles repel so when the coil is energized , the magnet is propelled out of the coil ..

ohhhh :lol:
How much voltage did you apply? That magnet really went :lol:

I wonder how a nemodium projectile would do in a coil gun with a lot of voltage and a lot of current :twisted:

I think the Royobi drill battery was charged to 11 v at the time..
I wouldnt use anything else but a Neo magnet as a projectile ..
they fit real nice in 1/2 inch inside dia. grey tubing from home depo
and they were only about $ 1.60 or $2.00 apeice for 1-10 from forcefield , wondermagnet.com
**broken link removed**
if you really want to go nuts with this project , find a clear plastic tube with 1/2 inch id (inside diameter) and a really thin wall ( so there is no loss of magnetic attraction between coil and magnet..
there has to be a perfect tube out there somewhere but i havnt found it..
that tube in the video has the perfect wall thickness , unfortunatly its about an inch in dia...

It can go quite some distanance.I also have one realy strong magnet that jumps wen put on a coil.Its fun to fire it that way at iron objets like radiators or wasing machines so they stick to it.

If you put a high current in the coil, so that its magnetism equals the magnet's, don't you think the magnet would lose some of its magnetism?
The coil would be trying to magnetize the magnet in reverse. :lol:

You can esaly make an biger filed by dicharging an cap in a coil.This can magnetise iron rods prety well.

I never demagntized an permenat magnet.But an "fake" one(Magnetised iron) can be demagntised prety easaly.

Alternating magnetic filed and heat is known to demagnetise iron.

Fly a kite with copper wire instead of string during a lightning storm. The bolt of lighning should give your coil enough current to fire a magnet pretty far. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back