Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra-Low-Power RF Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dencel1

Hey guys,

for a long time I was looking for a system-on-chip solution of a low power rf receiver, capable of receiving data rates of about 100 - 200 kbps.
Sadly I found out, that all these "finished" solutions consume way to much current. Therefore I decided to develope a kind of similar receiver on my own.

-> Please close the thread. I think there is no need for a thread, where no constructive critisism is applied.

Although - thanks to Willen & HVAC Tech.

Last edited:
Very, very sorry, but it's blindingly obvious that you don't know the first thing about RF, and little about electronics - from a very brief glance you don't use bridge rectifiers, and FET's need biasing, you can't just leave the gate floating.

Essentially the front end is a crystal set, you really need a single germanium rectifier for that, followed by suitable carrier removal.

FET's need biasing, you can't just leave the gate floating.
Called a pull-down resistor? Of just gate biasing resistor? FETs (JFET) are normally 'ON' so maybe bias resistor needed to get linear wave swing (partial ON OFF) according the signal feed.

Well.. thank you for you "help".
I was asking in this forum, because I tried to LEARN something .. of course not anybody can be as experienced as you might be, Mr. Goodwin.
Leave the gate floating is actually a in RF electronics very common method to detect AM - I've seen it very often on pages of RF enthusiasts.

For me, it's definitely the last time, I asked something here.

For me, it's definitely the last time, I asked something here.
Why? Are you bored from us? ETO is not bad as you are thinking. The forum is not only for expert, it is the place for learner like you too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back