Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UAV Seaplane w/ camera for finding fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertinbaja

I have friends who fish commercially, who asked if I could help them design a model seaplane, for deploying while deep sea fishing, to help locate areas where the fish are boiling. I am an experienced RC pilot, and know that others have extended the range of their RC controls,and added hi-quality video capabilities... I need to be able to control this plane at distances of 5 miles
or more, and receive the video transmission, to be able to identify hot locations! I believe a compass module such as the Parallax model 29133 HMC5883L, and the Analog Devices ADX335L 3-axis accelerometer would make the remote piloting much easier, by providing the remote pilot with roll, pitch, yaw, and compass heading, as well as an altimeter, and the camera view, as well! My only unsolved concern is extending the range of the RC transmitter, and choosing a transmitter for the video transmission from the aircraft. My friend who owns the boats has offered to finance the project! I would appreciate any help the members could provide! I know we will need a hi-gain yagi style antenna on the boat and to have it aimed at the plane very tightly.

you need to provide with other details as well, type of transmitter you intend to use frequency etc, more details the more people in ETO can help.

I realize that this project is not simple, nor easy...but I'm now unsure if my original conceptions regarding the methods of transmitting the control data to and the onboard telemetry back to the vessel I had originally thought to use the RC controls RF output, only sending the rf signal through an RF power (linear)amp and then to the UAV off a hi-gain directional VHF yagi antenna, accurately oriented , but that would be a violation of FCC rules! I have not seen any model |RC flying being done here in baja, so I wasn't too worriedinterference with other RC enthusiasts.It may be that I can fly the vehice based on what we learn in the next day or so.... I'm not sure how to encode or modulate the data provided by the aircraft, for reception here at the boat, to combine the video signal with the mother refrequency....... remember... I might have to be request protection to some of the locsls. Also, I really do need to get back to the doggie.

Last edited:
I realize that this project is not simple, nor easy...but I'm now unsure if my original conceptions regarding the methods of transmitting the control data to and the onboard telemetry back to the vessel I had originally thought to use the RC controls RF output, only sending the rf signal through an RF power (linear)amp and then to the UAV off a hi-gain directional VHF yagi antenna, accurately oriented , but that would be a violation of FCC rules! I have not seen any model |RC flying being done here in baja, so I wasn't too worriedinterference with other RC enthusiasts.It may be that I can fly the vehice based on what we learn in the next day or so.... I'm not sure how to encode or modulate the data provided by the aircraft, for reception here at the boat, to combine the video signal with the mother refrequency....... remember... I might have to be request protection to some of the locsls. Also, I really do need to get back to the doggie.

If a way can be suggested to make the instrument readings from the camara, and the navigation instruments I'm just saying that our other skills may be required before the night is over, and without the video and flight instruments, it's not possible to make it functional! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back