Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Types of Alt Energy/Future of Alt Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Ohm

Hello science geniouses and nerds alike!

Im a new member on these forums and Im interested in the different tyes of alt energy and the viability of these energies in the future.

In a very rash and oversimplified manner i have placed energies in three categories. It seems that every widely used energy source falls under these categories
Electricity - generated through nuclear, hydro, solar, etc.
Combustion - Gas, Diesel, hydrogen, anything that goes boom!
Pressure - Compressed-air engines which have been in numerous Sci-Fi books

Am I missing any?

There are obviously large problems with the large scale utilization of gasoline and it would obviously be great if every source of energy was "green", but what will the future of energy really hold? Anyone have a crystal ball?

Thanks,

Hello science geniouses and nerds alike!

Im a new member on these forums and Im interested in the different tyes of alt energy and the viability of these energies in the future.

In a very rash and oversimplified manner i have placed energies in three categories. It seems that every widely used energy source falls under these categories
Electricity - generated through nuclear, hydro, solar, etc.
Combustion - Gas, Diesel, hydrogen, anything that goes boom!
Pressure - Compressed-air engines which have been in numerous Sci-Fi books

Am I missing any?

There are obviously large problems with the large scale utilization of gasoline and it would obviously be great if every source of energy was "green", but what will the future of energy really hold? Anyone have a crystal ball?

Thanks,

'Pressure' isn't a source of power, it's a way of storing power that's all.

You missed the only source of energy that makes any(every)thing move on this planet. The sun.

Mike.

Hydropower is too.

It's true though, compressed air is a secondary energy source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back