Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Simple Electronic Inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.

a7mad

1) For my NOKIA cellular, I have two chargers; one heavy (obviously normal 2-coil adaptor), the other is light (electronic). The second one charges in much less time than the first. WHY?
Also can anybody give me and idea or link me to how does an electronic adaptor work?!

2) Some light systems, operates (light on) when you press the switch, then automatically turns off after a small period of time (about 10 minutes or less). What's the idea?

Thanks all

The light charger is called SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply). It is a reulated power supply. It provides constant charging current to the battery and so it charges fatser than the bulky one. The bulky adapter does not have regulator inside and so its output voltage and current varies depending upon the charge on the battery.

The switch you are talking about is a monostable multivibrator which when triggered remains on for a predetermined period (depends upon component values used) and then turns off until re-triggered. Search google for "555 monostable schematic" for a very simple schematic based on timer IC 555.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back