Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turbo C compiler for windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i just bought a new laptop ( :) ), a DELL inspiron 64 bit machine but the sad thing is that i cant find a copy of Turbo C that runs on it. Does any body know where can i find it?. Didn't know where to put this up so put it here.

Thanks.

I wonder if you could run it under a DOS emulator (heck, I wonder if such a thing exists for Windows 7; DOS software still has a large following of users)...

I wonder if you could run it under a DOS emulator (heck, I wonder if such a thing exists for Windows 7; DOS software still has a large following of users)...

Even if you could, Turbo C (and Turbo Pascal) were never updated for faster processors - although there was a patch you could use to repair the faulty EXE files. Checking back on my website, it says that it was Pentium II processors where the speed became a problem.

What kind of problems crop up? I stopped messing with Windows back in late-1990s - and even then I wasn't playing around with Turbo C. I am not even sure I still have a copy; I'm just curious, I guess...

Hi Nigel and Crosh,

I have a copy of Turbo C++ running on windows 7 32-bit that came with an HP machine i bought. It ofcourse runs in a DOS environment. What i meant was that i could be installed on a machine having windows. The problem is with this new machine which is an Icore 5 64 bit( huge software problems).

Last edited:
I've seen 64bit server machines that have multimedia software compatibility problems when modified for personal usage.

Same reason, currently I can't even imagine about a 64bit personal laptop.. :)

I'm not sure whether Win7 support dos programs, but I'd use a dualboot with Win7+Xp for TurboC -of course on a latest 32bit.

Hi Nigel and Crosh,

I have a copy of Turbo C++ running on windows 7 32-bit that came with an HP machine i bought. It ofcourse runs in a DOS environment. What i meant was that i could be installed on a machine having windows. The problem is with this new machine which is an Icore 5 64 bit( huge software problems).

Do you meant Turbo C?, did they ever make Turbo C++? - I'm doubtful that it would run under 64 bit windows, not much seems to.

But really, what are you wanting to write DOS programs for? - DOS is long dead and gone.

Presumably there are 64 bit Windows compilers, for C/C++?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back