Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSOP 1738 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guyz i want to use a TSOP1738 reciever with avr ATMEGA 16 controller..............i am a little bit confused in using the receiver as the datasheet says that it needs a 38Khz carrier frequency i will generate it from the controller but the question is how would i modulate my signal in it using controller please guide someone

The question itself is confusing. DO you want to receive a signal using the uC or do you want to modulate. If you want to transmit, you can always make use of some readily available ICs for modulating RC-5, NEC, sony.. formats if you really want to do it with a uC (which is an overkill i say, you can always use some kind of carrier generator (some random thoughts: use an NE 555 in a stable to generate 38 kHz and feed the serial data that you wanna send , to the reset (4th pin) of the 555.)

i want to control devices through it using a tv remote or something with the same frequency of the reciever but how can i modulate the signal with controller or other techinique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back