Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble firing a relay from a PIC, missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree you do need a snubber diode across the relay. But why 100 ohms in series limit the current to les the 50 ma what for? If current limiting is desired a better way is to a provide a current source of specific value and I would use a +5v pullup to the base of the 2n222 is inserance of off.
a 2N222 is fine but to switch it on to saturation you need a beta of force beta of 10 so 5v/max relay current wil do.
I really don't see the need for the 100 ohms

Last edited:
The whole problem here is the 100 ohm resistor that only lets the relay get 50 mA if the coil is less then 100 ohm it would not pull in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back