Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitting an RF carrying video and audio signal wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabiz

I embarked on a project with the aim of transmitting 15 TV channels through coaxial cable to to more than 300 users, but I began to encounter difficulty as the distance I cover increase. So of the issues are poor picture and audio quality and high maintenance cost.
I believe these problems will be over with a wireless means of transmitting the RF signal. This will increase my coverage, enable me have total control of the channels.
But I don't know how to go about building a wireless system please can someone help me out.

A wireless system would be illegal.

As you specified a coaxial system what you need is simply an aerial distribution system, it's a commonplace thing to do - blocks of flats are commonly wired in that way, and most now carry satellite as well as terrestrial TV.

Cable systems carry considerably more obviously - but is really just a development of simpler distribution.

Thanks Nigel I appreciate your response, but the aerial system you are talking about can I have control over the channels. The transmission am talking about is covers less than 5km. Talking about illegal :I will get right to transmit. Please I need a detail on a wireless transmission as regards to tv transmission.

Please guys I need solution(s) to my question. Please someone should explain further........

The self entitled world, nobody wants to do anything anymore, rather just have it handed to them...

Mikebits you got me wrong. All I need is directives on how to go about it. Am from Nigeria and the conditions in West Africa is quite different from that of America and Europe. Assuming there are companies here that produce such electronic gadget I will not be asking for help.
Some one should help or link me up. This innovation is for an academic environment. It is use to pass information , display campus movies, campus news, local , world news etc..

In that case, my apologies for making judgement... :meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back