1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

transmitter receiver- Remotely control motors

Discussion in 'Automotive Electronics' started by John Murdock, Mar 27, 2016.

1. John Murdock

John Murdock Member

I've recently started a project were I am attempting to recreate a CH-47 chinook helicopter. I have the body of the helicopter sorted out however I am struggling with creating a transmitter receiver schematic so that I am able to remotely control the motors ( which will be connected to the blades) in order to fly the helicopter. Does anyone know how I should go about trying to do this or a schematic that I could learn from?

2. MaxHeadRoom78

MaxHeadRoom78 Active Member

TC/RX 2.4Ghz sets are so cheap now I would think it is hardly worth building your own?
    Max.

3. DirtyLude

DirtyLude Well-Known Member

iforce2d on Youtube has several videos on his channel where he used nrf24l01 modules to control a drone. Unfortunately it's not all nicely wrapped up in one video. I think he mostly talks about it in his cheap-a$$ drone series. Most of his issues where with using those cheap joysticks you get from e-bay. There's some pretty significant dead zones in them, but you can get some with better pots installed.

This really doesn't belong in automotive electronics.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dave

Dave New Member

5. John Murdock

John Murdock Member

I'm making this helicopter as a means of learning rather than anything, besides it would only be a few quid more expensive which is worth the information I would retain.

6. JimB

JimB Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Building a reliable radio transmitter and receiver suited to this application in not a trivial task, especially for someone with little experience and no suitable test equipment.

The way to go would be to use the commercially available radio transmitter and receiver modules,
    such as:
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=2.4ghz+radio+modules

JimB

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

You should buy a proper radio control system for a model helicopter, it's far too dangerous a project to mess with home-made systems - including prebuilt 2.4GHz ones.

• Like Like x 1