Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitter not going up to full FWD Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there done that!

Never done that, I still have all my fingers and hands and arms.

JimB

hurts huh
That was my introduction to RF awareness 30+ years ago. Had a good respect for it ever since.
I was sitting in the car (stationary) and talking to some fellow amateurs on the 2 m band. The antenna was a gutter mount ( remember when cars had gutters ?) base loaded 5/8 whip.
I casually stuck my hand out the window and was running my fingers along the gutter where I inadvertently grabbed the loading coil as I was transmitting. a nice scar across 3 fingers

NEVER did that again haha

Tho I did have a momentary lapse of attention about 10 years back when I put my thumb over the end of a 24GHz waveguide with 1W of power that started hurting after a couple of seconds
OK... lesson 2 learn .... beware of concentrated low power in a waveguide !!!!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back