Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Substitution Manual/chart/database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

Is there anything available to see if a particular transistor can be replaced with a different one .
There are books galore on this but surely someone knows of a site that has them listed and searchable

My query is a simple one
I have no 2N5551 transistors on hand and I want to see if one in my box will do the job.

Last edited:
You can compare data sheets.

You can get one of the universal replacement part catalogs and see if your two candidates cross to the same universal replacement.

Sorry if I went over your head.

2N5551 is a NPN 160 volt 600mA part. With out knowing what and ware your are using it, you should choose a similar part.

NPN: Must be!
160 volt: Maybe a 100 volt part will work. I don't know.
600mA: There are many parts in the 500mA to 1A range.
The physical size is TO-92. (little black "D" shaped) Might be important.
2N5550, KSC2316, KSC2383 (I found these three)
It is a high voltage part so it will be hard to find a replacement.

April,

I've provided information in a very old thread a few weeks ago about an online replacements database I found very useful. You can see my response here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/transistor-substitution-manual-chart-database.139703/

I searched for 2N5551 in www.icreplacements.com and it provided me the following equivalents:

BF391
BF393
BFP22
MPSA42
MPSA43
SK3433

You can check the complete information source here https://www.icreplacements.com/2/2N...ubstitute-equivalent-part-cross-reference.htm or search for replacements for other integrated circuits, diodes, transistors, MOSFETs or other semiconductors in the previously mentioned Website.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back