Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DC presented to the speaker terminal has nothing whatsoever to do with the VBE multiplier or the quiescent current or its setting. The DC offset is controlled by the completely independent overall DC servo loop between the input and output. DC offset is simply not an issue with modern amp designs, some even without the undesirable DC bocking capacitor in the feedback loop of this amp.

Right, nothing at all. It's just one of those tests that I did to pronounce the AMP unsick. A benchmark, a specification. Offset is usually left out.
I just found that you can easily overlook biasing, so the Vbe check was included too. Vbe=0. Oh wow! the amp runs really cool - NOT. The amp has crossover distortion.

Keep, what is the weather like in Delaware? One more post after this and I make 1K :joyful::joyful:

A major winter storm will continue to affect the region into early Sunday.
Strengthening low pressure will slide by just to our South and East today and tonight bringing heavy snow, strong winds, and blizzard conditions to much of our area.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 AM EST Sunday.

• Hazard types: Heavy snow, sleet and very strong winds.
  • Snow accumulations: 12 to 18 inches, with 8 to 12 inches along the coast.
  • Timing: Heavy snow will mix with and then change to sleet and rain for a time on Saturday, especially along the coast. Then change quickly back to snow toward evening. Snow is expected to taper off by early Sunday morning.
  • Winds: northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts over 60 mph.
  • Temperatures: in the 30s inland and in the low 40s near the coast.
  • Impacts: The combination of sleet and rain on top of the wet snow will make it very difficult to shovel, especially for those with physical ailments. Snow will cling to wires and trees leading to power outages. Roads could be very hazardous in some areas.
Severe Ice Storm
Widespread power outages, possibly for an extended time. Many downed trees, and impassable roads expected.
Half Inch to an Inch

... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST Sunday...

* hazard types... heavy snow... gusty winds and blowing snow
resulting in times of blizzard conditions.

* Snow accumulations... 18 to 24 inches... with up to 30 inches
possible in western Chester County.

* Timing... snow will continue heavy at times today before
tapering off tonight and early Sunday morning. The strongest
winds and greatest potential for blizzard conditions will
occur through this afternoon.

* Impacts... the combination of heavy snowfall and strong winds
will produce whiteout conditions and extremely dangerous
travel. The snow should become more wet for a time today...
especially closer to the coast. Shoveling of heavy wet snow
will be problematic for those with physical ailments. Snow
will cling to wires and trees which could cause numerous power
outages. Roads will be impassable due to increasing snowfall
rates of 1 to 3 inches per hour at times in heavier bands.

* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.

* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.

* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to around 30.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Avoid travel if
at all possible. If you absolutely must travel... have a winter
survival kit with you. If you get stranded... stay with your
vehicle.

Snowfall accumulation forecast maps for the latest event are
available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter

29F (-2C), Feels like 17F (-8 C)
Snow predicted for the next 15 hours changing to rain.

Yucky!

A major winter storm will continue to affect the region into early Sunday.
Strengthening low pressure will slide by just to our South and East today and tonight bringing heavy snow, strong winds, and blizzard conditions to much of our area.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 AM EST Sunday.

• Hazard types: Heavy snow, sleet and very strong winds.
  • Snow accumulations: 12 to 18 inches, with 8 to 12 inches along the coast.
  • Timing: Heavy snow will mix with and then change to sleet and rain for a time on Saturday, especially along the coast. Then change quickly back to snow toward evening. Snow is expected to taper off by early Sunday morning.
  • Winds: northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts over 60 mph.
  • Temperatures: in the 30s inland and in the low 40s near the coast.
  • Impacts: The combination of sleet and rain on top of the wet snow will make it very difficult to shovel, especially for those with physical ailments. Snow will cling to wires and trees leading to power outages. Roads could be very hazardous in some areas.
Severe Ice Storm
Widespread power outages, possibly for an extended time. Many downed trees, and impassable roads expected.
Half Inch to an Inch

... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST Sunday...

* hazard types... heavy snow... gusty winds and blowing snow
resulting in times of blizzard conditions.

* Snow accumulations... 18 to 24 inches... with up to 30 inches
possible in western Chester County.

* Timing... snow will continue heavy at times today before
tapering off tonight and early Sunday morning. The strongest
winds and greatest potential for blizzard conditions will
occur through this afternoon.

* Impacts... the combination of heavy snowfall and strong winds
will produce whiteout conditions and extremely dangerous
travel. The snow should become more wet for a time today...
especially closer to the coast. Shoveling of heavy wet snow
will be problematic for those with physical ailments. Snow
will cling to wires and trees which could cause numerous power
outages. Roads will be impassable due to increasing snowfall
rates of 1 to 3 inches per hour at times in heavier bands.

* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.

* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.

* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to around 30.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Avoid travel if
at all possible. If you absolutely must travel... have a winter
survival kit with you. If you get stranded... stay with your
vehicle.

Snowfall accumulation forecast maps for the latest event are
available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter

29F (-2C), Feels like 17F (-8 C)
Snow predicted for the next 15 hours changing to rain.

Yucky!

You must be a pretty tough bunch in Delaware: Weston Super Mare= sunshine and grazing wildebeests :cool:

I am way up North in Canada. The weather is nice and there is hardly any snow. It was sunny yesterday and today. The snow storm went to the USA. We will get some rain on Tuesday.

Douglas Self wrote a few detailed books about audio power amplifiers and how to reduce their distortion. He showed and explained that increasing the bias current on a class-AB output too much increases distortion because then low levels are amplified by both output transistors but higher levels are amplified by only one of the output transistors. Distortion is less when the signal crosses over smoothly from one transistor to the other transistor.

I am way up North in Canada. The weather is nice and there is hardly any snow. It was sunny yesterday and today. The snow storm went to the USA. We will get some rain on Tuesday.

Glad to hear that the weather is OK in N Can. It has just come thru on the news that Keep's area is going to be hit pretty bad

Douglas Self wrote a few detailed books about audio power amplifiers and how to reduce their distortion. He showed and explained that increasing the bias current on a class-AB output too much increases distortion because then low levels are amplified by both output transistors but higher levels are amplified by only one of the output transistors. Distortion is less when the signal crosses over smoothly from one transistor to the other transistor.

I have his bible on audio amp design. He used to be on DIY Audio site but got pissed by all the flack and called it a day

Wow, today in Vietnam only 6°C, $%#@& has shrunken :D. Despite Vietnam is a tropical country, winter in the North of Vietnam sometime very cold. It cause by Tropical monsoon climate, hot and cold are very seperated. Strong wind, can blow my little brother :D. High humidity, almost 99-100%. Accu Weather softwave said realfeel is 4°C. I have lived in Russia (of course), I think -2°C in Volgograd made realfeel like 6°C in Hanoi.

There are cities in the middle of Canada (away from the warmer oceans) where they do not say the temperature, instead they say a small number. That number is the number of seconds for exposed skin to freeze. I was sent there following a trip to warm USA and I did not have winter clothes. Outside I went from store to store to keep from freezing but on my way back to the hotel some of the stores were closed. I ran back (I almost flew) as fast as I could. I think the temperature was -40C to -50C.

Thanks- Is that you Gordon? You look different now

Yes I mistakenly put in my real name as my username when I first joined this forum. I thought that I was stuck with that, but Derstrom8 said he could change it if I wanted. Its now the same user name as diyaudio and a couple of other sites.

I thought I had seen your cat elsewhere. I don't want to change my user name but it is good to know that you can if you wish. On most sites it is not possible, but Amazon have just allowed it so I have changed my Amazon username to spec now. I do know someone else who may like to change their ETO user name though.

There are cities in the middle of Canada (away from the warmer oceans) where they do not say the temperature, instead they say a small number. That number is the number of seconds for exposed skin to freeze. I was sent there following a trip to warm USA and I did not have winter clothes. Outside I went from store to store to keep from freezing but on my way back to the hotel some of the stores were closed. I ran back (I almost flew) as fast as I could. I think the temperature was -40C to -50C.
Hell !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back