Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRaffic lights project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions & comments about the circuit attached to your post #14.

Why is pin 2 connected to Vdd? This is not correct or necessary.

You show 10 rows in your LED tables, such as the one in the post #20 but in the circuit, you have only used 8 of the outputs (not counting O5 ~ 9).

The O & pin numbersa are not aligned with the diode wires.

What colours are LEDs 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9?

It is impossible to help you until you correct these issues.

BTW, regarding your post #20 the circuit I posted (see post # 11) was not from a web site. I did the design myself.

Last edited:
I have some questions & comments about the circuit attached to your post #14.

Why is pin 2 connected to Vdd? This is not correct or necessary.

You show 10 rows in your LED tables, such as the one in the post #20 but in the circuit, you have only used 8 of the outputs (not counting O5 ~ 9).

The O & pin numbersa are not aligned with the diode wires.

What colours are LEDs 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9?

It is impossible to help you until you correct these issues.

BTW, regarding your post #20 the circuit I posted (see post # 11) was not from a web site. I did the design myself.

Thank you for your helping but , the circuit is correct if you see , just the names are coming up in that picture ( i dont know why ) . i simulation the new one for you with multisim , you have this simulation software ?

You're welcome
Thank you for your helping but , the circuit is correct if you see , just the names are coming up in that picture ( i dont know why ) . i simulation the new one for you with multisim , you have this simulation software ?

I don't have multisim. I can see if a circuit will work or not by looking at it. I don't need to simulate.

I can see that the numbers have been displaced, so that questions is resolved.

But you did not answer my other question about the LED colours.

Last edited:
please can you tell me that i need what kind of 555 timer , and counter 4017 , and transistors ,and diode
Go to a parts supplier's web site & search for them.

For example, go to www.jaycar.com.au

And search for catalogue number ZC-4017.

For the 555 search for ZL-3555 or the CMOS version ZL-3455.

For transistors, any general purpose small signal NPN transistior will suffice.
For example BC546 (ZT-2150), BC547 (ZT-2152), BC548 (ZT-2154), BC549 (ZT-2156), BC550 (ZT-2160), 2N2222A (ZT-2298), etc.

Diodes: the 1N4148 (ZR-1100) is a common one that is readily available.

Note that different suppliers will have them under different catalogue numbers.

JayCar also provide data sheets for their products.

They also have outlets in the USA & the UK.

Last edited:
Thank You from all Members who have helped me in this assignment .
but still i need to get diagram , and true table . and explain all why i have used these component . which i will ask you one by one :).

Attachments

• Traffic light T junction.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 630
Thank You from all Members who have helped me in this assignment .
but still i need to get diagram , and true table . and explain all why i have used these component . which i will ask you one by one :).

You still have not labled the LEDs.

I have studied your latest circuit.

If you are intending to make one, you will need to add resistors in series with the LEDs as in your previous circuit & a 100 nF capacitor connected from Vdd to Gnd.

Note that: what works in a simulation may not be viable in practice.

In this case, you would possibly damage either your transistors or LEDs or both due to too much current.

Without the resistors, the current will depend upon the gain of the transistors & the output resistance of the 4017.

The 100 nF cap is essential to prevent odd behaviour of the 4017.

Attachments

• Traf lights 2.jpg
    Traf lights 2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 398
I noticed another problem with your circuit.

You copied a mistake I made in the circuit I posted in Post # 11.

I should have drawn OR gates, but accidently drew NOR gates.

See the attachment - it shows both options.

Also note the IC numbering. The convention is to use letters for the sections inside the IC. So in the example attached, the OR or NOR gate package is labled U3 thus its gates are labled U3a, U3b, etc,

Also note that the inputs of the unused gate (U3d) need to be connected to either Vdd or Gnd. Don't leave them open.

Attachments

• Traf lights 3.jpg
    Traf lights 3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 363
I also have this same assignment and I need some help.

Can you please list down the exact materials that needed to be used for this assignment so I can buy this materials as soon as possible.

Thanks

Can you please list down the exact materials that needed to be used for this assignment so I can buy this materials as soon as possible.

Thanks
You are asking us to do your work for you.

It is not difficult.

Just look at the circuits & write a list of what you see.

Start with his post # 28 then view my posts 33 & 34. Note that I gave him 2 options in # 34.

He will have chose between them depending on whether he can buy a 4001 or a 4071.

This choice will depend upon price & availability. You should do the same.

If there are any parts that you're not sure of, ask for our advice on them.

Last edited:
I also have this same assignment and I need some help.
Can you build this circuit for me at no cost and send it to me by tomorrow at no cost to me.

Stop copying from my answer please! later i will submit the whole one ( after i submit my assignment ) . make your own topic and ask the ppl to help u . but no one will do the whole for u . after 1 month searching now i have found that what 's going one ! now dont ask me give u simply !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back