Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tone Control Simulate - LT Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

In my tone control circuit I was expecting a graph like below.But I'm getting a some other curve in LT spice.What settings do I have to use in LT spice?

Thanks

1614407536861.png

Attachments

• Tone Error.jpg
    Tone Error.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Baxandall Simulate.asc
    2.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1614407428130.png
    1614407428130.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
The red & green graph show multiple options overlaid, with combinations of bass and treble each at minimum and maximum.
For any one set of values, there will only be one amplitude at any one frequency - a single-line plot.

Your test circuit appears to have bass at minimum and treble at maximum, so you get the lower left segment and upper right segment.
Set bass to max & treble to min, then you should get the upper left to lower right sections.

Overlay the two plots and it should like something like the double line one.

you'll need to adjust Bass and Treble percentage to suite your needs.
How come there's no bass boost, only attenuation?

Below is the simulation for the example circuit values (in png picture) with the pots set to the 0%, 25%, 50%(flat response), 75%, and 100%.
The plot values at 0% and 100% is essentially the same as the example.

I had to increase the value of C1 since it was rolling off the bass frequencies.
(Why did you pick such a small value of 0.047uF for that?)

Suraj143, if you don't have the pot model, I can post the files for you.

1614576209867.png

Last edited:
You show the bass at minimum and the treble at maximum.
I do not know why you have C3.
I increased the bandwidth of the simulation so it shows 20kHz to 20kHz.

Attachments

• tone controls.png
    tone controls.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 293
Many thanks for everybody.Thats what I was searching.Still how to plot multiple graphs is a problem.
Anyway here is my final checking.I have made it and works nicely.Any improvements...!

I have drawn some wrong values in my 1st post. speacially the input cap and the BASS control side resistors.
Here is the correct one.

1614532955291.png

Last edited:
You show 15dB of boost. That needs 32 times more power. if you need that much boost or cut then your speakers are very poor quality and might fry.

Still how to plot multiple graphs is a problem.
It's fairly easy if you have a pot model as I used.
Note the .step param command in my simulation the changes the pot wiper position (W) to five different settings.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have changed the C5 to 1uF because 0.47uF is really big size available.ALso changed the C4 cap to 3.3nF to gain more trebles.BUt I guess the center frequency is somewhat near 600hZ.

Can someone help me to shift it near 950-1Khz..

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back