Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Timer switch " for the device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure! What are the voltage and current requirements of the "smoke" generator device?

Ken

Yes! If the generator current is under 200mA you can drive it directly from the 555's output. If greater than 200mA, you will need a transistor or MOSFET (better) driver between the 555 ant the generator.

Ken

On second thought, after rereading the 555 datasheets, with a 4.5v supply I would definitely use a drive transistor or logic-level MOSFET.

Ken

Last edited:
Here is a 555 monostable circuit that should work. Be aware the the 555 will need to be continuously powered. In you use the CMOC version (LMC555) instead of the transistor version (LM555) the quiescent current will be much less...100uA vs 3mA.

Ken

OKOK,thanks a lot, can you pm me your facebook or email to me if you don't mind?
I got so much problems like this and seek for help:(

I can do that, but posting you "problems" here will get you a wider range of possible solutions. People here are very helpful and creative, and love the challenges of using their knowledge and experience in solving posters' problems.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back