Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tig hf arc board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickedemuz

I recently bought a tig hf arc start board from China but it came with absolutely no documentation what so ever. Not even marks on the on board interfaces.
It is supposed to be a 220v hf board but I don’t know if it is powered with 220v and also have an “activating” interface that starts and stops it if you know what I mean. Sorry for the “not so precise” description :)
Anyway, any help on how I would go ahead and try to identify the interfaces is greatly appreciated.
Some pictures
8F02ECC1-E744-4F31-9811-4BAF4CBEAB66.jpeg

78BEC42E-A0CD-4F0D-AC47-C77260C20398.jpeg

Was your TIG made to have HF start? Is this to replace a bad component on your welder? What make and model of welder? If you are just wanting to "add" HF start to a scratch start welder, just that board won't be enough there are other things involved.

Good questions. Yes, my tig had hf start and this is to replace the broken hf generator. It is a Telwin Supertig 180 AC/DC (I have posted some other question about it in this forum as well :))
The board I am replacing had constant 220v power to it and it was activated by supplying 60-70v to a secondary input.
48130928-0BA7-45FA-9C53-F6E12993DA96.jpeg

This is the backside of it

Last edited:
Ok, now is there any similarities between the old board and the new one? Was the new one meant/sold as a direct replacement of the original? Do you have a link to the new one or is there any identifying numbers on it? Many of those Chinese tig welders are very similar inside and just the cases and front panels are different.

The board I bought is a “no name” generic kind of board. Not many similarities to the original one. The original is also 30 years old so I’m guessing there has been some development since then. I have got a pretty good explanation of how to go about how to identify the inputs so I will try that first :)

It seems that it has a television type LOPT/flyback transformer on it so you may find a data sheet by seeing if that has a number on it. That would then give the primary voltage needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back