Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Cool parts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how exactly does this pertain to the post topic?

Sorry If I sound testy but this post did have the potential to become a way for folks to share and dispense useful information on their latest finds of cool electronic parts. Instead this thread has detoured into a conduit of drivel ranging from fuzzy parts to useless photos of the first IC.

If you want to post your cool photo, might I suggest you start a new thread.

Thanks

What? The giant rectifier definitely qualifies as a cool part in my book.

Apparently some of them are still in use, for instance in electric subway systems. There's a shop downtown that has one on display. I doubt it's working and I don't have the money or space to buy it but it is most definitely a cool part IMHO. :)

Torben

What? The giant rectifier definitely qualifies as a cool part in my book.

Apparently some of them are still in use, for instance in electric subway systems. There's a shop downtown that has one on display. I doubt it's working and I don't have the money or space to buy it but it is most definitely a cool part IMHO. :)

Torben

Well, if it is a cool part, then I would like to see a link for the data sheet. :p

Well, if it is a cool part, then I would like to see a link for the data sheet. :p

Not sure how not having a data sheet readily available makes it not a "part". It's definitely cool. These things were invented in 1902--maybe data sheets weren't de rigeur back then. On short notice, this is what I found (includes links to more information): Mercury arc valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe some criteria as to what constitutes "cool" and what constitutes a "part" are in order? ;)

Torben

Not sure how not having a data sheet readily available makes it not a "part". It's definitely cool. These things were invented in 1902--maybe data sheets weren't de rigeur back then. On short notice, this is what I found (includes links to more information): Mercury arc valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe some criteria as to what constitutes "cool" and what constitutes a "part" are in order? ;)

Torben

Fair enough, how about cool parts which are relevant to today's technology. For example; something one might use in a current design... :)

Sorry Mike, I understood cool part as an strange or interesting finding, but not taking in account the technical purpose of the device itself. I fixed it now.

No Menticol, I am the one that should say sorry, I think I was having a bad day, sorry to Torben as well. Post what ever you like :)

That's really awesome, less than a milliohm RDS on. I've never seen anything that low. It's going to need a FET driver though, at 11nF typical and 15nF max :)

Last edited:
This isn't really a 'cool' part, it's just a good part that is now cheaper because TI is copying it from Linear. The LT1963A was the Linear part number, now you can get the TL1963A from TI for half the price (see how witty they were with the part number?).

Linear Regulators - Single Channel LDO - TL1963A - TI.com

1.21-20V Adjustable LDO Linear Regulator, with really good transient response and whatnot. A nice replacement for the LM317 if you're looking for a high performance or LDO regulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back