Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thank Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I got a good rep. A couple are obvious, because they are from the original poster, but 2 are kinda bizarre.

I'm not all that fired up about it. If it's left off, it's no big deal, but I think it would be useful to have it enabled.

If you click on the thread name it will take you to the exact post that you were repped from. It doesn't tell you who repped, but it does give you more of a clue as to which comment in the thread was rewarded.
I agree that the user name should be automatically included. Maybe a "I'm ashamed of myself, please hide my ID" check box should be included for those who wish to give negative rep and remain anon. :D

I agree that the user name should be automatically included. Maybe a "I'm ashamed of myself, please hide my ID" check box should be included for those who wish to give negative rep and remain anon. :D

Ooooh, that would be satisfying. *I* did this to YOU and I want you to know!

As many of you can attest to I dont give out much rep points good or bad but those of you that have earned them always get my signature at the end. ;)

:) I'd like a Golgafrincham button for timewasting trolls.
[FONT=verdana, arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Golgafrincham[/FONT]
**broken link removed**
[FONT=verdana, arial,helvetica,sans-serif] The planet Golgafrincham creatively solved the problem of middle managemers: it blasted them in to space. [/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Golgafrinchan Telephone Sanitisers, Management Consultants and Marketing executives were persuaded that the planet was under threat from an enormous mutant star goat. The useless third of their population was then packed in Ark spaceships and sent to an insignificant planet. [/FONT]

Googled mutant star goat and got this.
https://www.skeptictank.org/hs/stargoat.htm

Last edited:
Blueroom you made my morning! It was a good laugh.:D
However am I to be condemned now for laughing at the goat god?:eek::p

After reading about the Restored Church of the Star Goat I think I'll convert. ;)

If you read Hitchhikers guide you'll find we Earthlings are the desendants of the Golgafrincham's ark :p

Last edited:
:) I'd like a Golgafrincham button for timewasting trolls.

Googled mutant star goat and got this.
The Restored Church of the Star Goat ®

I would like the moderators to be able to send the trolls to Coventry. A special feature could but the toll on everyone's ignore list (including guests) so only they can see their posts. Then they can troll away to their heart's content and no one will feed them because everyone's ignoring them.

I would be interested in an ignore function!

Or do we already have one and I have yet to find it and figure it out as well? :confused:
That tends to happen a fair amount to me when I am here. :eek:

If the ignore function also tallied the number of ignores that a person gets and then put it under their avatar it could possibly help redirect them toward making better decisions about what they post. Sort of like ignoring a kid when they get to facting up but not far enough to warrant a full punishment.

Just a thought.

Sort of like ignoring a kid when they get to facting up but not far enough to warrant a full punishment.

LOL! I'm sure that was a typo, but it fits the description of some the posts! :D

Last edited:
Symbol

What do you mean, if you want to thank someone, do so in the thread and give them positive reputation by clicking on the icon.

Thanks Hero999, I never knew what those symbols were for, to be honest didn't notice them before.

Means the user is online.
Means the user is online.
Click on to report the post to the moderator if it breaks the forum rules.

Yes, means offline. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back