Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test adapter for 6Eu7 and EF86 tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

I have a valve tester that can test 12AX7 tubes etc.
i would like to be able to test other 9pin tubes such as the 6EU7 and EF86 tubes.
Can anyone tell me how to make an adapter for each if these for my tester?

Find an online copy of the RCA Receiving Tube Manual (like this), look up the respective tubes, and map the pins...

I have a valve tester that can test 12AX7 tubes etc.
My emphasis.
By "etc.", does that mean the tester has the ability to check other tubes as well?

Reason I ask is that I've never seen a tube tester that will check only one tube type. They all had various sockets and switch selections for filament V, biasing, etc. to accommodate a pretty wide range of tubes.

If your tester will test pentodes and is able to supply 6.3v heater voltage then it probably will test the Ef86, look through the data for the tester and find a pentode test that is similar to the Ef86, you can get b9a plugs & sockets on ebay, you might even get lucky and find a test function that has the same pinout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back