Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tesla Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

j taylor

Hi to all
as a complete novice in the world of electronics I'm hoping someone in this group can help me to build a tesla 4-battery switch i have been reading quite a lot about it but sadly cant find enough info to build a solid state version with confidence any help will be gratefully received many thanks
john

From what I understand, this is a sort of perpetual motion device for batteries. Perpetual motion, or getting more energy out then you put in (without resorting to nuclear devices), has been pursued for centuries with a notable lack of success (first for mechanical devices, then electrical, and usually by those who have no real knowledge of science). So far, no one has been able to repeal the law of Conservation of Energy but, good luck.

The type of circuit you need depends upon how fast you need to switch the batteries and how much voltage and current you need to switch.

Here's a site that might help you get started. Use Google.com and search for 'Tesla Coil Builders', you should get plenty of others.

RMCybernetics - DIY Homemade Tesla Coil

I like this one, because it has some nice driver circuits for ignition coils. Haven't built or bought from this site, but looks good.

Being the proud owner of a Tesla Coil, I'd strongly suggest reading up on it some, for your safety, and save you some damaged computers and other gadgets (digital watches). The primary can give you a bad shock, might be deadly. The arcs off the secondary are relatively safe, but a little unpleasant. Not really a shock, but feels like millions of bugs crawling all over your arm, creepy.

I believe a Tesla switch is not related (other than by name) to a Tesla coil.

Really hate it when they draw Tesla into these over-unity schemes. Tesla's free energy wasn't over unity/perpetual motion, it was wireless transmission of power, which could be freely drawn from anywhere, without a physical connection to the source. The power still had to be generated as usual. Guess it's human nature to fixate on the word 'free', and miss the rest of the text...

Tesla coils are awesome but I think that I'm not knowledgeable enough to safely build and operate one.

Oh yeah, I also remember back about 3 years ago some guy on cable TV (in Turkey) announced he could produce energy from inertia of matter. He had presented a device that was basically three computer cases mounted to a wall with cables and pipes running in between with large brushless fans on side panels. So many people wanted to invest in the project. You can't imagine how gullible people can be sometimes.

Aaaanyways.. so he stole the state fund that was given to him; I say it's a government scam though.. Whoever gave him the fund probably fled with him.

THE END

Last edited:
Anyone that can actually get free energy would solve our energy crisis, eliminate global warming, and get at least one Noble Prize.

I'm not holding my breath until it happens.

Last edited:
It's interesting how the advocates of these various over-unity energy schemes often talk about some mysterious conspiracy to prevent the use of these devices by some large corporation or government who are afraid the device would upset the world order or disrupt the economy or the like. Even in a time of world energy crisis they still are able to suppress their use, of course, since they are all powerful. Probably the work of SPECTRE.

I remember as a kid hearing stories about a mythical 50mpg carburetor that was being suppressed by the oil companies so they could sell more gasoline. A guy I worked with even told me he knew someone who had acquired one. But, of course, the existence of such a device is even less likely then the existence of the Lock Ness Monster, Big Foot, or the Abominable Snowman.

Nigel as you are takin part in this rubbish thread it seems you must be ammused. sheesh whynot just delete this crap.....

Last edited:
well god help us all I'm suprised any of us made it from the caves with such a closed attitude as you lot have only fifteen years ago we had no mobile phones, fifty years ago we had no t v, no aircraft no cars no electricity shall i go on or do you get the gist of what I'm trying to say, or is this it we as a species cannot advance any further where ho where does all the new technology come from does it not start with a wacky idea and progress HO AND WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT OF BUILDING A COMPUTER ASTONISING

well god help us all I'm suprised any of us made it from the caves with such a closed attitude as you lot have only fifteen years ago we had no mobile phones, fifty years ago we had no t v, no aircraft no cars no electricity shall i go on or do you get the gist of what I'm trying to say, or is this it we as a species cannot advance any further where ho where does all the new technology come from does it not start with a wacky idea and progress HO AND WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT OF BUILDING A COMPUTER ASTONISING

No, new technology starts from an idea which is actually possible, the schemes you're talking about are just scams, they have been about many years and have never ever worked.

You ask for help with 'magic' on an Electronics forum, it's not Electronics, and can only possibly work via 'magic' as it's impossible - no one remotely technically inclined believes any of these schemes.

well hello Nigel been up in your neck of the woods today at darley dale Anyway back to the reason im posting on this forum is it possable to switch between four 12 volt batteries fast enough so a load wont notice the switch over from bat to bat

There's a difference between a closed mind and one that's not gullible.

All the things you mention break no physical laws of nature and were designed based upon the results of centuries of technical progress using sound scientific principles. Devices that produce more power than are put into them, do break these laws and are based on no known science. I'm looking forward to all the new devices that will be designed in the future, but I'm quite sure none of them will break the Conservation of Energy law, unless they are a nuclear device.

If you want to waste your time following some alchemy of an idea, you certainly can. But don't confuse it with legitimate scientific pursuit or berate the rest of us for not following you down that path.

first of all let me apologize to anyone i may have offended with my recent posts that was not my intention, However i firmly believe that nothing is impossible as recent developments have proved time and time again lets not forget men have walked on the moon, again sincere apology's to anyone who may have taken offence to any of my posts I'm only here in the quest for knowledge
john

An open mind is a good thing--just not so open that one's brain falls out.

Most of the "physics" arguments presented on the freeenergy.co.uk site appear to address physics from a pop-science-level understanding of physics at best. Now, I'm no physicist, but I have done enough research on my own to understand why they don't stand any chance of working, even as thought experiments.

There are two interesting things I note about those projects:

1) Some of the projects given on that site do not purport to be over-unity schemes, but rather are supposed to extract energy from, among other things, the sub-space "foam" proposed by string theory and the rotation of the earth.

2) Nobody presents any actual empirical test data or reproducible experimental results. Nobody claims to have actually built one, or if they have, there is some reason why it cannot be demonstrated.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but in the age of the Internet, if someone really was able to build such a device word would get out and that person would be so staggeringly rich that it would make you puke.

It is a much better idea to address your own energy usage and carbon footprint by looking into proven alternatives, such as solar, geothermal, and wind power. At least there is some kind of working theory behind these, and they don't invalidate hundreds of years of reproducible scientific test results.

(People often conflate "science" and "anything technological-sounding", and people who slam real science often could not explain the scientific method if their lives depended on it.)

Torben

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back