Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Term for PWM where width of a series of pulses represent a series of values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

What's the proper term for a PWM signal where the series of pulses represent a series of values, as seen in an analog radio control? The kind where a long blank tells it to start over then a string of pulses represents values 1,2,3 ect? I don't think it's pulse train, but maybe. I'm TA'ing mechatronics and if I say just "PWM", that could easily be confused with duty cycle modulation used in dimming and motor speed control. Also it's a string of pulses so it may be distinct from the kind used in servo control, where only one value is represented.

Pulse-code modulation, PCM, ADPCM, LPCM, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back