Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tell me which one will be better idea??

using which idea it will work better n practically?

• EMI law

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pressure sensor/transducer

• generator

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest purchasing your own energy. I voted 'other' because your "idea" is a covert toll road and it raises ethical issues. Would be more honest to request a coin from every passer by.

hiii mneary

i agree on ur points but here the issue is not money but its energy

anyhow it is going to waste then whats wrong if we collect it n use for some applications coz its not goin to affect the horizontal motion of the vehicles:D:D:D

You can't get the energy without taking it from the vehicle. A smooth road without bumps or barriers is most efficient. Pressing your barrier will slow the vehicle down and the driver will use more fuel to compensate.

You are not getting waste energy.

I agree with mneary - this is not wasted energy, you are slowing the car down - resulting in a cost to the driver, and some possible discomfort.

I agree with mneary - this is not wasted energy, you are slowing the car down - resulting in a cost to the driver, and some possible discomfort.

results:

Road rage and police that investigate how much your project is actualy a robbing the people scam :D:D:D

Robert-Jan

I think I see where he's coming from.

In the UK we have a proliferation of "Speed Bumps" on the roads.

Now if those speed bumps were connected to an energy conversion/collection system, then not only will they be doing their job of slowing traffic down, they will be doing something useful as well:D

The biggest problem that I see is converting lots of small energy impulses into a large energy store that will generate a constant power source.

I am sure that there are lots of different systems that you could use. Air, hydraulic or micro generators.

I, personally would go for a hydraulic system to avoid unnecessary losses.

Anyway, let us know what you decide, and how you get on.

I hate anything speed bump.

Now here I come driving along, doing 60km/h or less, so I'm within the limit(SA town), not doing anything wrong. Now there is a speed bump or like thing in the road.
Taking it at 60km/h is quite rough, so I have to brake and slow down, go over the bumpy thing, then accelerate again to get back up to speed.

But hey, I was not doing anything wrong.
Why am I being penalised, because immediately I am using more fuel, and my cars brakes will wear faster.
Stuff that causes you to have to loose speed in a car just costs money. If everyone will just learn to drive constant speed, not to fast either, that will save everyone some bucks, you see.
Your project is obsolete, sorry. I'll take another road.

Try this instead.

Ok a speed bump that will emit a kill pulse to destroy the electronics in the car .

Here we have trouble with young people taking the bass thing to far. The freaking car almost hurts your ear as they pull up.

Post a noise ordinance on your street then once somebody is above a certain db as they pass over it (Bam) they will be hit with a pulse an down goes the car.

kv :D:D:D

Evil simply Evil. Ha ha ha ha :p

Ok a speed bump that will emit a kill pulse to destroy the electronics in the car .

Here we have trouble with young people taking the bass thing to far. The freaking car almost hurts your ear as they pull up.

Post a noise ordinance on your street then once somebody is above a certain db as they pass over it (Bam) they will be hit with a pulse an down goes the car.

kv :D:D:D

Evil simply Evil. Ha ha ha ha :p

hiii kv

thanks but sorry

Good post. !!!!!

hiii kv

thanks but sorry

About your speed bump ? that will hurt some and will anger others while you are maintaining an idea that both will somehow determine a good outcome.

However, you will loose to the option of either.

Meanwhile, you have created some people into thinking. And that is a wonderful thing.

I still say good idea all the way around.

First I say thank you for your post.

It's has me thinking bigger.

Sorry Again. About the bad joke.

kv

The Topes in SA do give a new meaning to speed bumps. With the common Tope height nearing Everest, every municipality could run there school lights:) You could be onto something there.

nickelflippr, do you mean SA as in South Australia or South Africa.

We do have places here where you need a 4x4 to get over those speed humps, a bit rough for people like me who enjoy the car more than the SUV.

But then again, if you look at our poor road safety record, you'll understand why, some idiots will turn any stretch of road into Kyalami.
We also have a very bad rep with drunk drivers, I still believe it could be partly due to SA's strong following of certain sport types, since most big sports events become more of a drinking event than a sports event. This in turn lead to people becoming stronger and better than what they are.
And the rest is history.

Whoops, meant South America. The Topes are used in front of every school for safety, as it seems the only real means of speed enforcement, especially since they are frequently located on the main thorough fares.

Yip, we also started out just around schools, hospitals, etc.
But now, they are everywhere, and becoming more.
If I had the choice, I would have them outside my home as well, safer for kids etc. They tend to do things one does not expect.
Some are so high, you are actually scared to drive over them.

Talking about SA is now not possible any more, I'll have to resort to talking about RSA. That should clear things up a bit for others.

Now if those speed bumps were connected to an energy conversion/collection system, then not only will they be doing their job of slowing traffic down, they will be doing something useful as well:D

The biggest problem that I see is converting lots of small energy impulses into a large energy store that will generate a constant power source.

I am sure that there are lots of different systems that you could use. Air, hydraulic or micro generators.

I, personally would go for a hydraulic system to avoid unnecessary losses.

Anyway, let us know what you decide, and how you get on.

hi
hey can u plz tell me the working of the hydraulics which u suggested for our project. i mean the exact procedure of the same...:confused:

meyrickt said:

Now if those speed bumps were connected to an energy conversion/collection system, then not only will they be doing their job of slowing traffic down, they will be doing something useful as well.

Is this what you mean? ;)

Car hood.jpeg

John

That's why I called it a toll road.

Sorry, I missed several posts due to no e-mail notification. I like the air pump idea, because with electricity, you will either have to use it immediately or have a way to store it. Compressed air is easy to store and can be used as a power source directly. Drills, hammers, etc. can all run on air. It is safe, leads to light weight tools, and spark free. You can also use it to run a generator/dynamo. John

hiiiii this is hotshot
can we implement this idea in railway tracks,coz i think the energy generated will be much >than that generated frm the spdbrkr.is it possible to do this way?????????????:confused:

hiiiii this is hotshot
can we implement this idea in railway tracks,coz i think the energy generated will be much >than that generated frm the spdbrkr.is it possible to do this way?????????????:confused:
A train running on rails is extremely efficient and any attempt to steal energy from it will be immediately noticed by the engineer who will have to replace the stolen energy with more input to his engines. You will be caught and sent to jail (if stealing is illegal in your country).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back