Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TECHNICS SB-AS500 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this ok IC INFO .jpg

yes I am happy with the TOP227Y I am able to acquir it without any problems.
It is the other one that I have a issue with, just need to now if the BC2726-ND is your choice now you have the schematics or if you would fit something different?
Sid

I'm still a bit confused if it's supposed to be inrush current limiting or protection. Maybe it really is inrush current limiting. The data sheet for the OEM part seems wrong. Here https://www.soselectronic.com/a_info/resource/a/pdf/ntc.pdf is an article on NTC selection for inrush current limiting.

The voltage on the NTC/PTC will be about 170 V and not 400 VDC.

I think, I'll change my recommendation to this https://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=B57235S100M&vendor=495 one and assume it's for inrush current limiting.

OEM numbers are pretty well meaningless, just because you managed to find something with asimilar number doesn't mean it's the same part.

Like I said, it's an NTC for inrush current limiting, as it's absolutely clear from the circuit.

You could easily replace it with a 4.7 or 10 ohm 5W wirewound resistor, certainly for testing purposes.

As far as replacing it with the correct part goes, get the exact spare part from Panasonic, and certainly not something with a similar number but a completely different function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back