Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TECHNICS SB-AS500 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Snake

Hi to Everybody.

(This is about a Technics/Panasonic Active Subwoofer) ( SB-AS500 )

I have what the schematics say is a fuse resistor?
Can someone Please help me, can someone please tell me how to identify the value of a fuse resistor, it looks like a ceramic capacitor Disc, it has a SCL 083 On it about 10mm across and 4mm thick and a mustard color? thank you in advance.
I can supply the schematics or a photo if Required?
Sid

1.jpg
2.jpg
2a.jpg
3.jpg

part number from the"parts list"
RSQZAS500P14
Hopes that this helps. I found this on a forum, this is the component .
Look down the list until you come to SCL 083
https://www.allproducts.com/ee/taos/03scl_print.html
I must say that from your parts list I think I may have possibly found some ?
trouble is that they are not in stock!
But will keep looking.
Thanks for your help
Sid

Thanks for that.
I noticed that in the part where it says in stock it says NO? And they say "substitute N/A.
I Do not have the experience to know how to work out what would be suitable for a substitute, any assistance.
would be greatly appreciated. As I don't know which values are important?
Sid

I would guess that you are correct, but other companies seem to be saying the same thing?
The link you gave me does not seem to work , have you got some product info of the part you are thinking about.
And could you please tell me why it would be better.
thank you for giving me your time to help.
Sid

Goto www.digikey.com and search for BC2726-ND Can't really say better without seeing the schematic.
It's close, but not identical. It's in stock.

the OP said:
I would guess that you are correct, but other companies seem to be saying the same thing?

What do you mean?

A PTC would be used like a fuse and an NTC would be used as an inrush current limiter.

PTC: Resistance low initially, increases with temperature/current
NTC: High initially and low as the temperature increases.

I only mean that it seems as nobody is stocking this component RSQZAS500P14
and that they are all saying that they can get them in about the same time?
I was just wondering if this is the normal thing
or if it is not the normal thing.
Sid

From the schematics can you please tell me what the SCL 083
is doing? I it a fuse or a inrush current limiter or both?
Sid

That's what I have to do, but not tonight. The data for the 083 indicates a PTC. 8 ohms @ 25 C, 278 ohms at 3 AMPS and 33 s What kind of part belongs in the sub? I don't know yet.

If in series with the speaker, then 3*3* (guess 8 ohms + 8||8) or 12. P=9*12 or 108W (P=(I^2)*R)
This assumes 8 ohm thermistor and a 4 ohm voice coil) which isn't off the wall.

Inrush current limiters would be in series with the power.

That's a simplistic view.

==

Parts are tough these days. Panasonic HIDES the real part numbers. It did in 2000. In fact, some instrument manufacturer's in their revised manuals only had their part numbers. But fortunately, I can call one of the manufacturer's of an obsolete instrument and obtain the OEM part number if there is one. Any order, including parts, from the instrument maker has a $250 minimum though.

It's labeled as an NTC which is incorrect. It's main purpose is to prevent someone from putting in bigger fuses. Note the fuse symbol inside of the symbol for the NTC. It does provide some inrush protection because of the 8 ohm cold resistance. It also might help to provide some protection if 240 VAC is applied to the 120 VAC line voltage setting.

I do suspect that with a hole in the side it won't be the only problem. The voltage is around 400 VDC around that part by the way.

I think The hole in the side I think was caused by me running a surround sound test from the computer to the amp? I believe that the volume of the computer was to high!
Because it was working as it should for all that day. as well as the RSQZAS500P14 having a hole in it the RSIZAS500P-4 "TOP227Y" has the front completely blown off! I am now trying to check the rest of the power supply.
Do you think that will be the only issue or do you think that it might be on the main PCB or the Control PCB.
Sid

Hi
No " IC901" has no front. / I believe IC902 is a optocoupler ?
ZD901 I think it's a zenor diode I checked this and it measures 0 one way and 0.726 the other way.
I put the other information to check with you to see if I have identified them correctly?
thank you
Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back