Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TDA8922 Class D amp chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
Has anyone here used one.
I just get an amp with one of these chips in it.
Are the TDA8922 chips any good?
**broken link removed**

Would you buy an audio amplifier that has absolutely NO SPEC'S?? And you do not know who made it?
Is its output 20 whats or 20Watts per channel? At what distortion and for what frequencies? Maybe a horrible-sounding 10% distortion at 1kHz and much more distortion at higher frequencies?
If it uses the circuit shown in Philips datasheet and the power supply voltage shown there then it is a fairly good amplifier. BUT WE DON'T KNOW.

Would you buy an audio amplifier that has absolutely NO SPEC'S?? And you do not know who made it?
Is its output 20 whats or 20Watts per channel? At what distortion and for what frequencies? Maybe a horrible-sounding 10% distortion at 1kHz and much more distortion at higher frequencies?
If it uses the circuit shown in Philips datasheet and the power supply voltage shown there then it is a fairly good amplifier. BUT WE DON'T KNOW.
Audioguru; Actually I bought it for the case. Its in a nice waterproof case.
The component count is right for the ref circuit shown in Philips datasheet. The power supply is kind of low at +/- 20 volts.
Just wondering if its worth keeping the amp.

The data sheet was a little hard to find.
I get datasheets from www.datasheetarchive.com where you can select it from any manufacturer you want. I usually select the manufacturer who invented a device, not a copycat manufacturer.

With a plus and minus 21V supply its datasheet says the typical output power is 25W per channel into 8 ohms with (horrible) 10% distortion. Then with plus and minus 20V the output power will be about 21.3W per channel into 8 ohms with low distortion.

I edited my errors with arithmatic.

Looking at the data sheet from philips, they don't look so good.
Seems no one from the audio forms has used them.
Somebody must have gotten a deal on them.
Looks like its biggest clam to fame is
  • High efficiency (∼90%)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back