Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching 24VDC relays from microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! In my case, I used mercury wetted relays.

==

To the OP: Note that auxillary contact blocks (2 NO means two Normally Open contacts). This is a typical way of say adding latching or contact monitoring. These are very common on motor starters.

I don't understand the "2 switched poles for the bathroom thing", but 230 / 50 Hz is not in the US. In the US, it would be required to switch both poles. Bathrooms typically have GFCI's. New code requirements include combination AFCI/GFCIs now for most locations.

Yes for Analog Mux for ADC , I also used HP board with Mercury wetted relays for differential isolated ADC with high isolation for long rocket umbilical cable.

The Power Relays had extra signal contacts for feedback, and they were not gold plated so I had to use the discharge cap to keep them clean.

Last edited:
FYI: I contacted Schneider and got the following useful info:

In the IEC diagrams, A1 and A2 are always the coil terminals. Power terminals are noted with single numbers with the odd numbers being the Line side and the even numbers the Load side. As there are no lines connecting any of those terminals, there is no connection between the coil and power circuits. There is the dashed line going from the rectangle that represents the coil over to the symbols for the power contacts to indicate the mechanical linkage.

FWIW: I do have an updated datasheet with the current burdens and the rep didn't understand "Illuminated push button 3 mA" and he is going to try to address it. These relays are commonly used in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back