Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Swap LCD screen for a Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirath

Hello all
I got a Roland Juno G synthesizer with a broken display. tried most of the site and it is very difficult to find. I'm just wondering how easy to get the same size. if aftermarket display unit and fix . the broken is 240x96 dot graphic display. I have a diagram of the keyboard and see the attached LCD wiring diagram. will you just see how to swap them.

Thank you

Attachments

• Roland juno g LCD diagram.JPG
    Roland juno g LCD diagram.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 995
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, i noticed it on the web. it is not easy to find. if i chose the different size of the display, is there any way to swap with this ? will this be work as the original Display? (work like external display) I have attached a schematic for your further reference. the aftermarket displays got LCDCS1 - S4 . however in the diagram, they have only XLCDS1 and XLCDS2. will this be ok? I'm not much familiar with LCD electronics and really helps your reply.

Attachments

• juno-g_service_notes_220.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 551
You need a similar pin connection , LCDCS1 and 2 . what is the physical size of the display . would help ETO members

Is there a chip (or two the same) on the display that has a number on it?

Mike.

Looks like a connection problem possibly with one of the select LCDCSx The flat-flex have a habit of becoming 'un glued ' over time, pressing down on the connection ends while it is working, may show the area of the problem. The middle flat-flex with some black stuff over it would be a place to start. could be either end though . go careful don't stress the plastic As your problem is on the left side try that connection first .
.lcd.jpg

Last edited:
Don't give up !! where does the white flat flex go to , does it look damaged at all , they sometimes crack with age or could be the connector on the board, (picture may help ) what electronic type tools do you have ... inspect the whole area with a magnifying glass ? (Does this synth have built in speakers ? )

It is not the same LCD , but this is what can happen with the flat flex. ( skip to 4 mins )

Edit

Last edited:
Hello! Any evolution on this matter? It is a terrible problem which is affecting many people around the world. This is an excellent keyboard, but this problem transforms it in a nightmare... I have a Roland Juno G with a malfunctioning LCD screen too. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the flat cables and connectors to a new type of cable (flat or not), removing the connectors from the board and LCD and replacing wit a new (and stronger) one. What do you think, guys?

You need to diagnose the problem first, could be all manner of faults, if it is the flat flex cable then trying repairs could make it worse ,, might even be a voltage problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back