Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Summer project (stc89c52rc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOneShotAway

Hey, how is every one doing :)?

Okay, so I'm going to have some time free when summer vacation kicks in. Just finished high school here, and going to start working on my practical engineer diploma. To be honest, I can't wait for the real action to start in school, and since I've really got into vintage computer and games, I thought I can put my free time some where else.

Any way, I know some basic high school C and ASM 51/55, 86/88, and I got my hands dirty in some basic projects, but basic in a sense of lighting LED's on and off and changing their D.C.

As I said, I just got really hocked on some vintage games and electronics, and I would really like to implement some really simple ideas that I have, let's say primitive games. In addition, implementing logic units with the microcontroller, thus making some uber rad stuff!

There was this sale on eBay for some microcontroller unit, and naively I've ordered it. As soon as I tried to do some thing with the unit, a problem emerged: It's a Chinese made chip, obviously form a Chinese company, but it just doesn't support the tools that I've acquired in school. I dug the internet for a resources, but nothing, it's like no one on this planet outside of China uses these chips. I'll include a photo of this board. If I can get help with running this puppy, that would be superb!

Okay, so at the moment I'm pretty sure that this board is going to electronic recycle bin, hence is there any board that I can use without drilling a dipper hole in my already dark pocket :)? Or maybe I can just slip another chip in the board.

I thought about using ASM language in some of my programs, is it possible?

Would really appreciate a reply :)
57f45b0047e3320e34898f2e3e653fda.png

Did you get, or can you link to, a datasheet or literature about this board?

If you want to program that little beasty in ASM... You should be able to run all my tutorials on it..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/authors/ian-rogers.163748/

You will have to move ports as your board will be hardwired... I'll look at the datasheet you posted, and see what needs changing...

The 8051 is a nice micro controller to start on..

If you want to program that little beasty in ASM... You should be able to run all my tutorials on it..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/articles/authors/ian-rogers.163748/

You will have to move ports as your board will be hardwired... I'll look at the datasheet you posted, and see what needs changing...

The 8051 is a nice micro controller to start on..
Did you get, or can you link to, a datasheet or literature about this board?

Hey guys, haven't heard form you. Would like to ask if you'd advise to replace the chip with this : Atmel AT89C52RC2/At89C52RD2. Some one told me to check if they match, but I have some trouble with how to say if it would work. Thanks!

Yep!! The software for AT89 devices is on the Atmel web site...
Hey, mate, how are you? Just got the chips today in the mail. I've tried using the little guy with your tut, but it was not really noob friendly. well, it was, but it's kinda plug and play. Is there maybe a tut for AT89 asm and it's applications online? Maybe a book? Thanks :):D

They should work on any 51.... What problems are you having.... I know my tutorial was based on a phillips using a different bootloader, but it should work the same..
Oh, your tut's are great, but I think that they're more for people that know the 8051 ASM and the interior of the chip (RAM layout and interrupts). I know some really basic ASM of the 8051. In class we wrote on paper the code, thus the syntax was never at a level of an actual program that could've been run on the chip. I came across this website: **broken link removed**. Do you think it's a good resource to start from there as a novice? Is there any more sources that I can leach from? Thanks!

I do like this site...

I think my problem is I think folk know more than they do... Have you downloaded MCU51IDE??? Its great for learning...
What's MCU51IDE? Tried Googling, but site seems offline

Edit: Oh, never mind, just read the wiki, sounds rad. Do they teach you the assemble? Or do you need to learn it by your self.

Whooah!!

They have the source code!!! You have to build it yourself...

On their website you can download the pre-built version for 9.9 euro's... ( tight wads)

I'll see if I have a copy of the last version.. I haven't here at home, but I might at work....

Whooah!!

They have the source code!!! You have to build it yourself...

On their website you can download the pre-built version for 9.9 euro's... ( tight wads)

I'll see if I have a copy of the last version.. I haven't here at home, but I might at work....
That would be really rad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back