Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substituting a p18f2220

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
Can I replace this device with a p18f2520?
The software uses timer1 and serial port, not a lot else.

Am I the only one not seeing an image?

The only difference appears to memory size and so, if you have the code, I would say yes.

Mike.

Oh I see, your post is using the title as part of the question.... :p

Oops my bad.

I'll try that and report my findings, I think my devices are 25k20's, thats no problem they are just 3.3v ones.

Isn't simulation a good way to check that everything works OK?

Turns out my stock devices are pic18f26k20's, sounds like theres more special functions on this device, I'm gonna blow one anyway and see if it'll work.
Sim is not an option I only have the hex file, this is not my work this time.

Turns out my stock devices are pic18f26k20's, sounds like theres more special functions on this device, I'm gonna blow one anyway and see if it'll work.
Sim is not an option I only have the hex file, this is not my work this time.

I see.

I would check basically two things:

The configuration in both micros is the SAME. If so,

The capabilities of the replacement are higher what would discard any unexpected limitation.

But, as you say, I would try one in real life. Buena suerte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back