Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stun Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just use a gun if you're going to kill the person? At least with a gun the person could still survive and you won't go to prison for a long time. There is a thing called "excessive force", that is unless you live in Texas...

Possession of a gun is a SERIOUS offence in the UK, even the Olympic handgun team aren't allowed to own or use handguns. Gun clubs are allowed to have rifles, but it's VERY seriously administered. The only handguns allowed are ball and powder types, nothing you can load in less than half a week! :D

However, possession of a stungun is also a serious offence, as is gas or pepper spray.

However, as a martial artist, any attack on your person should be considered life threatening, and your response should be swift and brutal - and completely automatic - it's easier to argue in court later, than on a slab in the morgue.

A have located a 'Stun Glove' Schematic on the web from a site called The Free Information Society and this thing supposedly packs a 600V punch.
I am unsure if this particular design is already here or not and I claim no credit for it.
Here is the link
**broken link removed**
the actual page is MS word doc so anyone intrested should simply click the link and either open or save the file.

On the guts of a camera....

Let's have a closer look at the guts of a flash camera. There is an inverter, to charge a fat cap up to 300 volts, a trigger circuit to fire the tube, and the tube itself. Everyone seems to use the inverter and fat capacitor to put 300 volts on a pair of probes. It'll go through a paper bag if you push!
What else can we do with the available bits? Say we take the probes between the + of the capacitor and the hot end of the trigger coil, what then? Well, the 300 volts is still there, but look what happens when we fire the trigger circuit! A 10kv spike! That'll punch a hole through a lot more, and light an arc for the 300 volts to follow, like it does in the flashtube.
If we now take the flashtube, connect the cathode to the trigger coil hot, the anode to the output probe, and wrap a bit of foil round the middle of the glass and ground it, we find that the tube conducts no current until the flash button is pressed, avoiding wasting charge in damp clothing,etc.
Don't have the probes too close together, with more flesh in the way it hurts more.
You can get over 5 joules from a throwaway camera, so this should be treated as a weapon. People have died from less. Have fun!

Possession of a gun is a SERIOUS offence in the UK, even the Olympic handgun team aren't allowed to own or use handguns. Gun clubs are allowed to have rifles, but it's VERY seriously administered. The only handguns allowed are ball and powder types, nothing you can load in less than half a week! :D

However, possession of a stungun is also a serious offence, as is gas or pepper spray.

However, as a martial artist, any attack on your person should be considered life threatening, and your response should be swift and brutal - and completely automatic - it's easier to argue in court later, than on a slab in the morgue.

I'm not familar with gun rules around the world...but I'm assuming killing someone with a home brew electrical device that electrocuted someone to death, as compared to killing someone with a conventional weapon (like a knife) wouldn't do so well in court.

The Free Info Society had some neat projects on their site that's for sure, thanks for the link Mercur.

6ma can kill you. why do you think gfci receptacles are supposed to trip at 4 ma?

Maximum trip time in seconds, T , with current, I, in mA is equal to
T= (20/I)^(1.43)
according to some U.L. standard.

And, @ 60 Hz,
1 mA is barely detectible current
10 mA is painful current
18 mA is the bottom end of the "let go" threshold
100 mA is the bottom end of possibly fatal current

I've heard that currents >4 A clamp the heart from pumping and if the current is stopped quickly enough there's a good chance the heart resumes beating on its own.

BTW, the link below gives specs to check the health of your house's electrical system; knowing these numbers all you need is a DVM, some light loads and some heavy loads [hair dryers or toasters] and a calculator.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/09/61-164-165_instructions_v4.pdf

Last edited:
The transformer was used in portable radios made in 1958. There is an electronics surplus store with old junk like that in my city.
Some places online have old junk still in stock.

Last edited:
Hi! i find this circuit that is a little bit different from the one at the start of this post, i want to know if this would work better, thanks

P.S.: sorry for bad english :(

Attachments

• stun_gun1.gif
    stun_gun1.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,939
Hi! i find this circuit that is a little bit different from the one at the start of this post, i want to know if this would work better, thanks

P.S.: sorry for bad english :(

IT is also JUNK.

The circuit has a maximum amount of power output which is low. When you stepup the voltage then the output current is reduced by the same amount.

High voltage at low current is a tickle, not a STUN.
A STUN is a high voltage at a fairly high current.

But if when i stepup the voltage the current stepdown
how i can stepup the voltage without stepdown the current too much?
the stun gun works with a 9v battery like this circuit so how i can do this?
i think i must use 2 transformers is correct?
P.S.: sorry for bad english :eek:

EDIT: in the circuit i posted i should obtain 30kv at 8amp it's not enough?

Last edited:
i tought it was too high to be real ;)
can i ask you last questions?
this should be better?
i think that with 2 transformer this should be a good one or i'm wrong?
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Probably better, but still only minute current (as it's supposed to be) - you can't create power, only makes losses of it - so in all cases you get less power out than you provide the circuit in the first place. As the voltage goes higher, the current gets lower.

i've understand this but i've seen a really stun gun work with a 9v battery take out 50kv, i don't know how much current were but it surely would let you on the floor so how it's possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back