Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STUN GUN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I should avoid posting in this thread... unless its with a schematic, but I guess admin could always remove any of my posts if he/she sees them to be unfit.

Its interesting to see how others 'see' their own country, and other coutries, as of course we all have different views, but I guess you guys must see vastly different things than I.

A quick note on the UK 'riots'. Gotta love media sensationalism, if it wasn't bad enoug that the BBC made out it was 'all about economic crisis', they also grossly exaggerated the areas affected - which were then amplified by the worlds media - one online friend from germany said his news was asking if 'marshall law' will be declared in london. Granted I do live several miles fm the center of London, so I wasn't in 'the thick of it' - but it really wasn't anything particularly spectactular, and only got the media attention it did because it originated as a small protest against police shooting an (allegedly) armed young man. It was nothing to do with the man who was shot, nor was it the economic 'crisis', or a political protest. It was simply the fact that a few theives saw an opportnity to go looting whilst the police where on the back foot - and as others noticed they were getting away with it, they joined in. It was quite literally 150-200 'unemployed' going joining in to pick themselves up a new bluray player.

Paranoia is growing here in the UK, which saddens me. In the US, it, seems to me at least, to be a 'way of life', as the media scare their citizens into believing a terrorist attack is imminent, or 'our economy will fall, another depression' get your guns out!'. It sells papers, and encourages small companies to 'make a buck' by selling office-based parachutes, guns, defence weapons. Fear always helps to sell things, but I'm surprised so many academics actually buy into it. Sure the worlds economy is on a downturn, food prices are rising, but, in the context of the past 20 years, of even 10 years - things are surprisingly comfortable. Why the fear?

As for 'only seeing foreigners commit crime' - I assume thats on tv? I do not know the crime rates in Canada, or or the US (and the UK ones are generally warped as they don't seperate violent crime from financial crime). It may be a 'fact' that you see 'mostly foriegners' committing crimes on tv, but.... its television.... hardly something which is driven by boring old facts. Without actually travelling the country/world, asking those involved and seeing things first hand, one cannot make a truely informed opinion about crime, nor any complete views about the state of a country's disolution. A with all media, one should take it with a 'pinch of salt'.

And for 'high powered stunguns'? I'm sure people wil modify them. With all weapons carried by the public, it escalates. The public have weapons, so called bad guys' get bigger weapons, so the public get even bigger weapons. Its why guns are banned for personal onership in the UK, over here is more about knives. Either way, its driven by fear, and thats no way to live.

Last edited:
Actually Blueteeth I agree with your assessment. The media thrives on taking something that amounts to next to nothing and making it into a very big something. This has a snowball effect as I see it and exactly as you mention paranoia begins to flourish.

As to the gun issue I do own many guns. Why? Because I happen to very much enjoy the shooting sports. Here in the US on a typical Saturday or Sunday morning there are millions of people heading out for the golf course. For me it is a matter of heading out to the range for a fun and relaxing day of shooting. For me shooting is my recreational sport. Besides, while I can still shoot quite well I always did suck at golf. :)

Anyway, I very much agree with your post and see it as being pretty much on target.

Thank you kind moderator whoever you are for moving this to the lounge.

<EDIT> This is from what I always thought was an excellent story from Twilight Zone. </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Thankyou sir :)

I must confess, I'm rather 'over opinionated' on such matters, and it is probably a bit rude of me to ppost such views in an electronics forum (the members of which have helped me many many times over the years, including yourself Ron!).

As for shooting as a recreational sport. Because the right to bare arms is imprinted in the very foundation of the US, its a pretty bit thing, as such, sports shooting probably is. It really isn't over here! So despite my apparent 'snobbishness' (is that a word?) over gun laws, I'm pretty much in the dark. I won't get started on the politics of guns, as we both have different views, which I respect, although I will say the few times I have been shooting (at targets), I thoroughly enjoyed it! And its extremely difficult... (read: I was pretty bad). I can completely understand the recreational aspect.

Plus, I'm not a fan of golf at all lol 'a long walk spoiled' as someone famous called it. Always thought it was for people who think nature should have wipe-clean surfaces :D

And, I *just* noticed this is now in the members lounge. Good call! does that mean I can ramble on about stupid golf hats? Or would I havce to include electronics? 'golf hats with LED's' - sorted.

Cheers Ron, always a pleasure :)

BT

One would have to watch the Robin Williams skit on the origins of Golf to get a real understanding why rich people chase a small ball around and why it such a big sport....... As far as using a stun gun here in Oz if the cops see you have used one kiss goodbye to that weekend at the small balls club...............

Cheers Bryan

Edit: here that you tube clip I was on about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

Language Warning too so not for children but a great laugh if one's like stand up comics......

Last edited:
hello
I build this taser as the model
https://www.rlocman.com.ru/am/a06002.htm

missing some info
capacitorc1 0.1 or 0.47 µF choose any voltage ?
c2 0.01µF choose any voltage ?

d1 914 or INJ4148 choose 1N4148 ?
d2 1N4005 choose 1N 4007 ?

Q1 TIP 31 NPN ou PNP voltage ????

Don't even waste your money building this circuit.
It is far from being a TASER.

At best it will just give a VERY Mild shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back