Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stripboard AC Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the AC Rating on Stripboard.

I have a 12VAC 10A powersupply that powers 2 door locks.

Each door lock is rated at 3A.

So, worst case scenario is when both door locks are activated at the same time.

I want to create a supply distribution board for this, as my current setup is a bit messy.

I want to know if standard stripboard will be able to handle this on a single line.

Will soldering over the holes help?

Maybe do double line for V+ and GND??

Thanks

10A is quite a big ask for a single strip, I would use at least two strips each , linking them at regular intervals and using the excess wire along the length of the track thus bridging the holes.. perhaps do a test first ...

And by the time that you have paralleled the tracks and bridged holes etc, you have ended up with something which is as bad if not worse than the original.
I think that you need something better.

I do not know what your PSU or wiring arrangements are, but I would suggest that some simple screw terminal block (often referred to as "chocolate block" in the UK) would be the simplest solution.

JimB

Well, I've ditched this idea.

I will get a screw terminal block as suggested. Get 2 blocks, and 2 bus bars, for V+ and GND rails

Thanks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back