Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo Amps From China;

Status
Not open for further replies.
The data sheet was meant for audioguru & Nigel Goodwin,they couldn`t find it,so I sent it to them from my files,while ever it`s on the forum anyone can view it or save it .
cheers Terry

We couldn't find it because the datasheet you posted doesn't have the number you keep giving - you've still never made it very clear what chip you have, and if that is the correct datasheet?.

But regardless, with only a 13.5V supply and an 8 ohm speaker, even a bridged amp is only going to make 7 or 8 watts.

data sheet

Just to varify the data sheet & IC fitted to the Amplifier;the Amp is fitted with a TDA7057AQ Chip 8W +8W with volume control function.The data sheet is the one for the chip/ I`ll upload it again, my problem is that the Amp failed after 5mins of use.

Attachments

• 364-25761-0-TDA7057A.pdf
    94.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
I'm still confused. You keep saying that the chip is TDA5057AQ, and yet again you post the data sheet for the TDA7057AQ. Really now, which is it?

Did you really think you could get 180 Whats amp for 8 bucks.
Why not? I bought a 600w amp for $60. Yup that's 600w RMS before clipping.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it was broken and needed repaired, but the investment cost to repair it was minimal for what the value of a working amp was.

Last edited:
This cheap chinese amplifier is rated and labelled at 180W + 180W.
A simple calculation shows that the total is 360 Whats.

I appollogise for the confusion ,it's entirely MY MISTAKE, I must have been sniffing the HHO again;The chip and data sheet is definately AQ7057AQ. I will have to pay more attention in future,Sorry for wasting the time of yourself & all the others cheers Terry

It is a 360 watt amplifier, if you short the case across the battery posts.
Probably didn't come with a garentee of how long it would disipate 360 watts though...:rolleyes:

O.K. I think we all realise it's not a 360 W, but more like a 16 W;But whatever it is,it's not working and this is the project,I want to find out why these units are failing after a short time,and then I am going to upload a video on youtube,on my channel,to warn folks NOT to buy them.The response I'm getting from the supplier & manufacturer is totally Negative.The ICs in them should cope,if they are from a reputable source,I think these are cheap copies.good luck Terry;

O.K. I think we all realise it's not a 360 W, but more like a 16 W;But whatever it is,it's not working and this is the project,I want to find out why these units are failing after a short time,and then I am going to upload a video on youtube,on my channel,to warn folks NOT to buy them.The response I'm getting from the supplier & manufacturer is totally Negative.The ICs in them should cope,if they are from a reputable source,I think these are cheap copies.good luck Terry;
When the manufacturer's name says Filipps, instead of Philips then you know it is a cheap Chinese fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back