Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.step in LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkumar

hi,
I am new to LTspice and wanted to know about one specific type of simulation..
I want to characterize a process where i want to plot gm/Id of a transistor by varying Vg (gate voltage)

I used following commands:
.step Vg 0.6 1 0.1
.op

where Vg is the gate voltage and I had a constant Vds tried across drain and source.
But when i look at error log file to see the output of .op command, i just see one set of device parameter values and not 5 (which i expect as i want to simulate 5 times using .step command)

at the same time, i also wonder, if at all i can get 5 set of parameter values, how will i be able to plot them with respect to Vg.

Please help me on this.

thanks

Two different ways to make a Curve tracer.

Attachments

• CT.png
    CT.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 704
  • DD2.png
    DD2.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
HI,
Thanks for the reply. But, in the plot above, you have shown Id vs. Vg /Vd but i am more interested in plotting the gm of the transistor wrt Id or wrt vg

Is there any way i can plot the device small signal parameter, in LT spice?

thanks

Is this what you want? Note the use of "waveform arithmetic" where I used the "add trace" dialog box to add the Gm in Seimens plot. I used a double DC sweep to generate the Id vs Vgs at different values of Vds.

Attachments

• Gm.png
    Gm.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 925
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back