Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
I was against this entire forum! - because I knew what the majority of posts were going to be, and I wasn't wrong :D

Heh, somehow I thought you might be. But almost all 'pseudo-science' discussion is along these lines. I guess it has its place though, even if it isn't 'official' research, I think it still should be done, even if I do sit proudly on the fence :D Sorry if my previous post read a bit strong, actions speak louder than words, if you feel that either side of the argument is true, then experimentation is the key. Giving money is all well and good, but it doesn't help matters, who's going to do the research? and can you trust their results?

I have 'dabbled' in such experiments, just to satisfy my own curiousity and yes, many scams, false truths or just poor reasoning account for many idea's. And that goes for both sides of the argument. Instant acceptance or denial is just the easy way out.

Again, I'm sorry, I appear to have added to the general pseudo-science argument thing.

Blueteeth

Nigel Goodwin said:
I was against this entire forum! - because I knew what the majority of posts were going to be, and I wasn't wrong :D
Hmm does not seem like a good stance for "Super Moderator " to me .
Care to elaborate on that ? I might bother to go elsewhere
After all you are just a person who runs a computer program
Many others can and do run the same software.

Last edited:
tytower said:
Hmm does not seem like a good stance for "Super Moderator " to me .
Care to elaborate on that ? I might bother to go elsewhere
After all you are just a person who runs a computer program
Many others can and do run the same software.
He's the best Super Mod I have talked to on any forum.. Bailed me out of a few electronic issues (and this is an electronics board)..

I voted for this section and enjoy it. And as if we did not know there would be some of this :) We talk about all types of things here, but it is an electronics crowd and it is not like anyone has a free energy device or PM machine to date.. We talk solar, wind, etc.

Anyway, being here as long as you have and comments like the above to one that's highly respected here. It is clear you have not read outside of Alternate Engery. You might be right, this might not be the kind of place you are looking for.

EDIT: Just my two cents, not trying to be mean..

Last edited:
Where is it written that super moderators should not have opinions, or at least should not express them? Is there any harm done by Nigel expressing his opinion?

Ron H said:
Where is it written that super moderators should not have opinions, or at least should not express them? Is there any harm done by Nigel expressing his opinion?

How can you be sure without ever reading the fine print in the agreement when you first register? For all we know ELectromaster could have stuck it in there after a night of heavy drinking. ;)

I think the point of all this, is that this forum could be about established and usable alternative energy, rather than arguing about something in the news has merit or a scam. These types of threads would be more apropriate in the '****-Chat' forum, as its of no practical value to anyone exploring alternatives for their energy needs.

But since this is purely opinion...
I don't believe this based on anything science, as it defies everything I was ever taught in school about scientific methods. Doesn't even qualify as theory. A very weak hypothies at best. I'm guessing that if they do have something, it has some huge limitation or flaw, that would render it useless to any practical application. Knowing this, and seeking investor's money would be criminal and a scam. Only time will tell. Guessing sometime next year the truth will come out.

Ron H said:
dknguyen:

Article 2.3.1a, Section 4.8.2, Paragraph 972.3 it says and I quote.. Opps. Never mind, that is how to set the record mode if using cable TV. Still looking for it Ron.

EDIT: dknguyen: I only saw [I AGREE] (I see that a lot). Sure there was something about that?

Last edited:
HarveyH42 said:
I think the point of all this, is that this forum could be about established and usable alternative energy, rather than arguing about something in the news has merit or a scam. These types of threads would be more apropriate in the '****-Chat' forum, as its of no practical value to anyone exploring alternatives for their energy needs.
Not true.. Those scams claim to be alternate energy.

If you know Joe Cell is a Joke Cell, do not read that one. If you like all the cool stuff Brian has done, read that one.. I like both. Heck, love to so see his place.. That rox..

The fake videos are like name that component.

But since this is purely opinion...
I don't believe this based on anything science, as it defies everything I was ever taught in school about scientific methods. Doesn't even qualify as theory. A very weak hypothies at best. I'm guessing that if they do have something, it has some huge limitation or flaw, that would render it useless to any practical application. Knowing this, and seeking investor's money would be criminal and a scam. Only time will tell. Guessing sometime next year the truth will come out.

I think most of use agree on that..

You make a good point. We can leave "REAL" alternate energy here, like Wind, Solar, Hydro, etc, etc..

Take the fake videos, fake claims to ****-chat as well as "the name the component" there too..

That way when UFO people come here, they will laugh at how we mortals only know the simple stuff and leave.. :D <- Nigel

mramos1 said:
dknguyen:

Article 2.3.1a, Section 4.8.2, Paragraph 972.3 it says and I quote.. Opps. Never mind, that is how to set the record mode if using cable TV. Still looking for it Ron.

EDIT: dknguyen: I only saw [I AGREE] (I see that a lot). Sure there was something about that?
:D:D:D
Yeah, I've agreed to so many things I haven't read, it's a wonder someone hasn't repossessed my house.

Don't be silly now .

I left Water and grass for the reindeers and the beer I left for Santa was gone the next morning so that kind of proves it doesn't it?

Come to think of it my missus had a wry smile too that morn

Ron H said:

I'm well known for expressing my opinion! :p

When the administrator posted asking people what forums they would like adding, I considered it a serious mistake - and, as I predicted, he got large numbers of suggestions for mostly silly forums, which would attract hardly any posts. One which did get a fair few suggestions was this one!, but ALL were from serious Alternative Energy buffs - you know the ones I mean!. I pointed out at the time, that the forum was going to attract more nutters than serious posters - and (as usual!) I was right! :D :D :D :D

The small number of genuine and serious posts could quite easily have fitted in the General Electronics Forum, where they had been previously!.

tytower said:
Don't be silly now .

I left Water and grass for the reindeers and the beer I left for Santa was gone the next morning so that kind of proves it doesn't it?

Come to think of it my missus had a wry smile too that morn

Uhhh...what happened to the grass?

I believe this forum is good for wind power, water power, biogas generators, solar, thermoelectric generators, etc.

There have been plenty of legitimate posts along those lines, but the ones about plain quackery sure have been more pervasive.

Some guys just get so excited about these claims that they can't see it's a fraud.

The ones that I posted were like "name this component". To get peoples comments, have a laugh and figure out the illusion.

The old and obscure parts in "name this component" will not help 99% of the people here but it was fun, some dig the internet looking for them based on the little they can read from the part. Others recall them from an old job or a surplus box in the garage... Or a shape of something they work with (RF guys). And yes the components are related to electronics.

Just make alternate energy about the real deal.. The ones that are :) under 80% efficient (that is for the new guys). Wind, water, biogas generators, solar, thermoelectric generators, etc.

I guess Nigel was right, it was fine until the nutters showed up. But I thought it was fun until then.

I am not with Nigel 100% as the section should not be here but I see his and others points. If it is not alternate energy (see above) it does not belong here.

Side note:

DK: Grass was used to make bio-fuel and get Santa back home. Guess it depends on the grass.

I'll give those guys credit - if nothing else, they are persistent.

**broken link removed**

though the timing seems just a tad odd...

Wonder how long it's going to take to reveal the illusion. I know these guys are set to make money in the end. People have messing around with wheels and magnets for hundreds of years, with many claims of perpetual motion. Why would this one be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back