Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Casimir effect is well documented , and lithography of silicon has improved tremendously over the last few years,so it would be plausible to accept that someone actually had created a nano sized quantum oscillator / generator. However research in this field is going to be anything but cheap and I wonder...

Does anyone know who is backing Steorn financially ?

The Mad Professor said:
The Casimir effect is well documented , and lithography of silicon has improved tremendously over the last few years,so it would be plausible to accept that someone actually had created a nano sized quantum oscillator / generator. However research in this field is going to be anything but cheap and I wonder...

Does anyone know who is backing Steorn financially ?
Can you point to where they talk about the Casimir effect?

Well Ron , it does not actually mention the Casimir effect.

However of all the free energy claims and hoaxes that circulate only one makes the claim of being over 100% efficient and thats the quantum oscillator.

My feelings are mixed , yes I would like it to be real , but knarled old sceptic that I am... I do have doubts, the site has no "meat", no science, it tugs at the emotions but offers little else. I sat through the video of the CEO and the marketing manager... and am fighting the urge to go over to Dublin and slap the pair of them , if what they claim is true then personally I would look a bit more exited. The CEO looks like he's about to be bumrushed in a prison cell.

it's funny but none of these outfits that make "free energy" claims ever actually demonstrate a device that does such. Or show a house with no grid hookup or a car with no fuel tank or charging recepticle.

philba said:
it's funny but none of these outfits that make "free energy" claims ever actually demonstrate a device that does such. Or show a house with no grid hookup or a car with no fuel tank or charging recepticle.

And you're never likely to! - they are just scammers, just hoping to presuade gullible people to give them money!.

Ron, here is a link to their video if it helps. I call bunk!

**broken link removed**

Guys, I was't endorsing Steorn. I just think it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

A little digging later...

Dug up this article about Steorn from the sunday business post archive
full article here:
**broken link removed**

Here are some of the eyebrow raising snippits that may be worth following..

Sunday, May 21, 2006 - By Gavin Daly

Sean McCarthy, the cofounder and chief executive of Steorn, said the firm’s products were based on the same principle as kinetic energy generators in watches. The products should be ready by the summer of 2007.

He set up Steorn with consultant Mike Daly, Shaun Menzies of internet firm Zartis, and Francis Hackett, the managing partner of O’Donnell Sweeney solicitors in Dublin.

Steorn worked on some of the biggest internet projects in Ireland, including Fyffes’ Worldoffruit.com portal, but had to restructure after the boom ended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Misdirection to conceal the true nature of the product or mumbo-jumbo to hoodwink the gullable?

Shaking my cell-phone to charge the battery holds no appeal ,let alone an automobile lol . I've owned a faraday coil flashlight and getting that charged was a pain.

If they will have products in a year or less, then they must have prototypes working now. Let us see them in action... Consider me from Missouri.

I watched the video and I could not really see what they were selling. After the video, I still have no idea. I was looking for some product or something.

All the quotes and drama too. But they are all over the internet.

Steorn is making three claims for its technology:
  • The technology has a coefficient of performance greater than 100%.
  • The operation of the technology (i.e. the creation of energy) is not derived from the degradation of its component parts.
  • There is no identifiable environmental source of the energy (as might be witnessed by a cooling of ambient air temperature).
The sum of these claims is that our technology creates free energy.

Can anyone think of a good reason not to demonstrate working hardware? The only reason I can think of is:

They don't have working hardware! :rolleyes:

They talk a great story, and man are they all over the internet now.

But that is a very good point, as well this seems to a pattern on the new energy products.

Funney that isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back