Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting PCB DESIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello,
For production of more display i need to learn PCB Design, I have Eagle 7.1.0
what is the maximum size we can build the pcb before gerber file i will start from screen printing.

The Standard version of Eagle is limited to 10 cm X16 cm. The Professional verson is 400 cm X400 cm.

John

What is that supposed to mean? Is there a subject and verb hiding somewhere?

John

I believe he was saying that Eagle is limited to 4" by 6.4" (roughly). The decimal places are a little off, but that's the general idea. In other words, he was converting 10cm x 16cm to inches.

I believe he was saying that Eagle is limited to 4" by 6.4" (roughly). The decimal places are a little off, but that's the general idea. In other words, he was converting 10cm x 16cm to inches.
Yes, i was converting to inch because its my standard

It is probably more important to know what size board YOU need, not what size(s) various CAD packages can produce. Awhile back, you had a thread about using Eagle. I assumed you knew the limits of its various products. If you don't, a good place to start might be the Eagle tutorials. Or, are you looking for another CAD package?

koolguy said:
I think PCB123 is best because for screen printing.

Again, Eagle and probably every other decent CAD program can give you screen printing. It would help to know whether you mean printing what is on your computer screen (Eagle can produce a png of that) or making a Gerber file for screen printing such items as names, outlines, values, etc. on your PCB. Eagle does that too.

John

I do believe there are add-ons for Windows only that you can import the board outline which other packages might natively support.

The last time I checked, DXF import was Windows Only. But here: **broken link removed**

There is another option.

DXF is file format used by CAD programs.

There is some native "primative" drawing tools to make the board outline as I understand it.

Hello,
That response is not a language issue. It is just plain rude to ignore a reasonable question, such as what size is the PCB you need.

John
Sorry Sir,
Its just PIC16F72 or other chip with TIP122 npn only
the size may be 4x4 inch

thanks

Hello,

Sorry Sir,
Its just PIC16F72 or other chip with TIP122 npn only
the size may be 4x4 inch

thanks

Why do you need a 4X4 inch PCB for just a PIC16F72 and a transistor? The '16F72 is less than 1.5" long, why do you need an extra 2.5" for a transistor? I'm willing to bet you'd be able to fit everything easily on a 1" x 2" board if you tried.

Weird thread))) Anyway, starting to learn PCB design with Eagle is not what I would have done. Eagle is way to stupidly-organized, and the interface is a mess, almost impossible to act intuitively. Check out DesignSpark or some other free tools. DipTrace has a free version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back