Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stand alone Mode With ATMEGA328p

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferkheusa

I am using an ATMEGA 328 in stand alone mode. Here is my problem:

I programmed my pic using arduino uno, then removed the chip and built my own circuit (pic+2caps+crystal+resistors).
When I power my system the code that I uploaded doesn't do its job so I have to reprogram the pic again. However when I use it with a small code such as the blinking LED it does work; every time I turn the power on the LED that I set to blink blinks according to the the time I set. Could you please provide some feedback on this. Why the program doesn't stay in the pic when you power the system again.
Thanks

can you show a picture of the board? Do you have the reset line with a resistor pulled high?

ALSO pic is a MICROCHIP term... you should call it either a AVR or the universal term... MCU

(even tho one can program a PIC with a AVR now :D )

Last edited:
You need to describe the physical setup of your project as well, an image of how it's hooked up might help, your general description so far is lacking a lot of information that would be useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back