Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SSD Drives, Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am using XP, but now i see that the problem really is that sometimes i want the drive to stay the same and sometimes i want it to change to a different letter, depending on what i wanted to move and what i didnt want to move. Thus, i might have a link with C:\ that i either want to keep C:\ or change to maybe D:\ and apparently there is no software to do this without changing every link manually.

The also came up in another situation where i change the directory of the target file. I move the entire directory to another drive, and the link still points to the old drive where the directory isnt there anymore.

Why do you know if the logical disk manager keeps track of all the links on a system and updates them when a directory with a linked to file is moved (or at least maybe it should)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back