Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sporatic fault in Creative I-trigue 3300 2.1 speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

msharri11

After being powered-on for varying lengths of time the left channel will spew a short %#$@!$. I'm assuming the heating of components is causing the issue. If the unit is left on longer, the %#$@!$'s will become more frequent and will eventually morph into a low-level fuzzy hiss with the left channel being somewhat attenuated. Powering off for a while resets the scenario. It's not the cabling or speakers and I've checked the PCB for obviously overheated components and bulging capacitors.

At best I would be classified as an advanced beginner hobbyist. I have a quality VOM but I don't have access to an oscilloscope. I haven't contacted Creative Labs for a circuit diagram as I figure they'd play the proprietary design card and politely tell me to get lost.

Any ideas or do I just chuck it in the trash???

Thanks.

You could try freezer spray on one component at a time, to see if one is developing a temperature-related fault?

eg. https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/freezer-sprays/1115853/

Alternatively a "canned air" aerosol, upside down - they are typically filled with propane and spray liquid when inverted; that will freeze things but be aware it is highly inflammable so keep anything that could ignite it well clear..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back