Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPL-1000 amp. released magic smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UK (especially with PC based speaker systems) the problem is they quote PMOP - peak music output power over two channels (at least) and not per channel which is the peak-peak output voltage squared divided by the load.

Not really true - all decent equipment in the UK quotes RMS per channel - the ludicrous power claims are from cheap crap, usually PC speakers or in-car equipment, neither of which usually bear the slightest resemblance to a real value.

Not really true - all decent equipment in the UK quotes RMS per channel - the ludicrous power claims are from cheap crap, usually PC speakers or in-car equipment, neither of which usually bear the slightest resemblance to a real value.

Which bit from my post confused you?

I once bought a broken portable CD player for a few bucks just to get my CD servicing feet wet. Throwing it out was the eventual option even though I got a service manual for it. It was the "sled".

I once bought a broken portable CD player for a few bucks just to get my CD servicing feet wet. Throwing it out was the eventual option even though I got a service manual for it. It was the "sled".

haha, well it worked? well at least some degree...did you even salvage good parts of it before sledgin'? :D

I have a friend who had a Electronics retail/servicing business and a customer came in and kept asking:
How many Watts is this?, for every piece of car stuff he had in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back