Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever heard the old story about selling bread to make a $1000 in one month?
Heres how you do it by two different aproches.

Aproch one:
You go out and spend $1500 on renting larger volume bread making equipment.
You spend $2500 to hire two people to set up the machinery and then run it for two weeks.
you spent a week setting up and make everything work right. Then you spend two weeks making 5000 loaves of bread.
You then spend another week on a busy steet corner selling loaf by loaf for $1 each.
In one months time you have paid the $4000 dollars off and made the $1000 selling bread.
You had to sell 5000 loaves of bread at $1 each to cover the operating expences of making enough to cover the cost of everything plus still get the $1000 you were after. :)

Aproch Two:
You make 1 loaf of bread.
you spend $4000 on some cleaver advertising for one month in order to find some moron stupid enough and rich enough that he will spend $5000 on a single loaf of bread. :eek::D

You still spent one months time and got your $1000.

Which way do you chose? ;)

Oh there are much more expensive cables. If i look out the window... my car is not even worth a piece of wire... :( hahahhahhaha
some more audio high end stuff... Ever wondered why ur cd's are lacking "warmth" this is why: CD tweaks

:D :D :D :D :D

I'd do it the hard way. You employee two people and feed 5000 or more. That kind of profiteering on buyers ignorance/stupidity makes me sick to my stomach.

The parts on the amplifier boards are made from standard copper, aluminium, and tin.

Just the old plain 7 strand 2.5 or 4 mm² electrical cable is fine, don't believe all these claims for exotic very expensive cables.
Perhaps multistranded flex may be a bit better on the higher frequencies but I can't hear over 15 kHz anyway.

Last edited:
Peep,peep.
Many people have added the same distortion, poor frequency response and poor damping to a modern solid state amp to make it sound the same as a vacuum tube amp.

I like to hear the music, not the amp.

Who are these morons and where do they work? And can we get jobs there too?
I believe in freedom of speech but at a certain point I also believe in beating someone half to death with a dull shovel just to get their attention an bring them back to reality.

Are these the same people that worship alien space ships behind comets? Or drinK coloidial silver because the think it does something good for them?
There is a limit to how far out from simply misinformed you can be before you just reach too stupid to even be opening your mouth! They have reached that point and and are still going!

What magazines or web sites are these?

tcmtech it's seriously a form of brain washing, I'm sure a psychologist would agree.

How do I go about finding these wierdos and selling them stuff? :D
I will never take advantage of people that are ignorant or not aware of something. :)
But I will take every advantage to make a profit off someone that is too, well whatever these people are, full of them selves and their beliefs.
Does that sound right?

tcmtech just go to an audio fair like CES. Among interesting neat stuff u will find these cables and people interested in it. This reminds me of a video i saw on youtube a while ago. Check it out for a good laugh YouTube - Greek Audiophile

IF they are realy audiophiles why is the sound on their video so crappy I cant make out half of what they are saying? I think one of them should have noticed!

Also I think they need to see a doctor about OCD medication!

Well i doubt the one recording was an audiophile. But i agree with audiophiles on the pills.

"50% is electricity 50% is in the rack..... u dont know that? everybody knows that!!!" hahahhaha

I watched about 7 minutes with about 4 fast forwards. I could not take it any longer.
really I couldnt. I just couldnt.

There is absolutely no scientific fact to back up anything he said. Snake oil salesman =) And of course because it's an online article and he never has to prove anything he can get away with saying stuff like that.

The Snake oil salesman seems to be everywhere, like those homeopathic websites trying to convince you to take enzyme supplements to improve your health, which is silly because the stomach breaks down enzymes into peptides. So all your doing is eating a steak, so to speak. Most enzymes have to be through injection like insulin. These guys just annoy me.

well, as i remember i think there are also the "holes" electrons leave behind in semiconductor. These holes can also carry information. I think tho MOSFET and JFET are resembling tube-like operation. Tell me if im wrong.

Yes, I think thats wrong, but it's a audio myth passed on so much by so many that it has become a 'fact'.

So when a electron leaves a copper atom in a wire does it also not leave a 'hole' behind? Any sound changes caused by a tube amp have nothing to do with the electrons traveling through a vacuum.

Lefty

"CD tweaks" - The author wisely leaves him name off the article.

The only true speaker wires are copper pipes filled with mercury. One side welded with silver solder to the amp, other side to the speaker. No exceptions!

Remember Stan Freberg - Herman Horne On Hi Fi?
Two radio plays about Hi-Fi? He did them in 1957. The man was so great!

Ah...found a link.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Yes, I think thats wrong, but it's a audio myth passed on so much by so many that it has become a 'fact'.

So when a electron leaves a copper atom in a wire does it also not leave a 'hole' behind? Any sound changes caused by a tube amp have nothing to do with the electrons traveling through a vacuum.

Lefty

Hmmm i dont think its an audio myth cuz most people creating myths have never heard about electrons.
I have my papers from faculty on my desk here and it says about these holes being carries. Majority and minority. Unlike a cable in a semiconductor the holes created can cause an electron from another junction jump over the energy fence. But i guess u are right somehow it depends on interpretation mb. Others mb can give their opinion on this too. I wanna be sure and clear.
Thank you.

The diference is that in tubes these holes do not come in the way at all. Its just a controlled flow of electrons.

Last edited:
IF they are realy audiophiles why is the sound on their video so crappy I cant make out half of what they are saying? I think one of them should have noticed!
Their accents were extremely strong so it didn't sound like they were speaky zee English. Greek and British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back