Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sorry guys.. had some server troubles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea! Thats what I thought. I had to download some Zen Optimizer thing in order to use the site, but right now Im on Knoppix (my windows partition doesnt want to cooperate) and it seems fine now.

yes, i was a bit confused about that, it coincided with me putting my PC
back together after trying some stuff, and i wondered if i had bust some
program or the other ...
After reading up about that Zend thing, i tried to download it, but it would
not run on my machine.
I'm glad its sorted now.
John :)

Yea, I couldnt install the zend thing either.

Even emailed Nigel to see if he knew what was up:D

funny enough,
i emailed Nigel and asked him about it too.

John :)

Same here, i would expext a notice from the webmaster first if we have to download any new software or if any changes are looming.
The same Zend stuff came up on the work computer too.
Normally I'm not keen on loading software i have never heard of before.
So i did not attempt to upload it.

Glad all is back to normal now.

I think that there are still problems at the ELECTRONIC PROJECTS group.
It still comes up with the Zend optimiser nonsense.

I downloaded the Zend software and was going to install it when Microsoft asked, "Who???". Then I deleted the software and waited for the server's problem to be fixed.
We had e-mails about it flying around for a while.

Yes, i got worried about that. The damn "Zend Optimizer" thing came up, it scared the crap out of me! I thought i had a virus! :) I couldn't download Zend because it required too much info. Phone, name, email, etc. Why did it come up with "Zend Optimizer"? Is that what is running this site? Huh, if feel sorry for Nigel. I almost emailed him too! He was the only moderator i could find an email for just by googling "Nigel Goodwin". Came right up with his site. I never did get around to it, because my Internet went down right after that Zend crap came up. Oh well, problem solved!

I've read about Zend and thought it was strange that a site required it to work as it's a php optimiser designed for a webserver not a PC.

How did the server problem result in this site been redirected to this page?

I assumed it was a script error or something; am I right?

Yeah, I noticed it when I read what Zend really was and decided not to install it.

Hero999 said:
I've read about Zend and thought it was strange that a site required it to work as it's a php optimiser designed for a webserver not a PC.

How did the server problem result in this site been redirected to this page?

I presume the forum software is optimised (to make it run faster), and it sounds like some software on the server was updated, and that 'broke' the Zend optimiser software - if you google on the error there are plenty of hits, usually requiring either a compatible OS on the server, or a different Zend package installing. The messages were an error message because the Zend optimiser was missing part of what it needed - but it was an error message for the administrator, NOT the users.

Thank you Nigel, it all makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back