Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something weird II ( revisited )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pretty flakey here. Windows corrupted, buttons displaced etc. Looks like the HTML isn't being interpreted fully/correctly?

I use Internet Explorer 11 and it takes A FEW MINUTES for ETO to load. Last year it loaded immediately. Other websites load immediately with my new browser.
To see schematics I had to use the Compatibility function in my browser. Now my reply before it is posted has tiny text.

EDIT: This time ETO opened in a couple of seconds.

The drop down menu's at the top of the page as you are reading a post are all scrunched up left to right and I can no longer see the Alert box sometimes.

When I logged on just now it said, "Electro-tech Online is not responding" for a few seconds then it opened and was fine.

Now my header is messed up when I first go to the site. It must be a fungus.

John

My pc is a 2.92GHz Pentium 4 about (gasp!) 9 years old. It will be replaced soon.

It's served you very well then AG :)

I also am noticing some inconsistencies, and i'll keep on working to resolve it.. something to do with switching over the cache.. I had to update the DNS to point to the google servers and for some reason im still getting the old caching pages served from cloudflare - for some reason i am yet to work out :(

On some post's not this one, all the stuff on the top right crams over to the left. Name, inbox and Alerts end up in short box's in the middle.

Situation the same with me, weird positon of reply box with no borders, menu and alerts squished to the left, and bold for new posts in threads doesn´t work at all.

My screens, which were OK until yesterday afternoon, are still scrunched up with all the drop downs on the left:
upload_2014-1-2_7-7-30.png

I also edited my avatar and that edit screen/dialog was messed up, but usable if you remembered where things were supposed to be.

John

And do you see the newly updated threads since last visit in bold as usual, or am I the only one with this problem?

And do you see the newly updated threads since last visit in bold as usual, or am I the only one with this problem?

Sometimes the main screen is in bold correctly, but not the individual forums, and other times it's the other way round.

Certainly the recent changes have pretty well trashed the place :p

The forum also never stops downloading now, with a spinning green circle permanently in the header - so I have to remember to press the stop button (as I've got a monthly data restriction).

hi Nigel,
I don't have that problem, using FF and XP
Is the 'double screen' web activity light on the bottom right of the Task bar flickering?
E

Another little problem that may be related? Just discovered that notices for subscribed threads in which I have posted happen normally. But notices from another thread to which I subscribed without posting in it are not happening.

John

hi Nigel,
I don't have that problem, using FF and XP
Is the 'double screen' web activity light on the bottom right of the Task bar flickering?
E

I'm using FF and Win8 at home, and FF and Win7 at work - same in both cases.

Just tried with IE (under Win7) and that doesn't do it, but still has the incorrect 'new posts' highlighting and scrambled screens.

I don't have the onscreen activity lights, but the lights on the router flicker until I press 'stop' on FF.

hi Nigel,
Have you tried on FF, using the Menu > Help/Troubleshooting Information.?

My FF was giving me problems the other day, very slow etc... after FF did a clean out of 50Meg of rubbish, my PC gets online and runs much faster.

Some windows/pages on ETO are still fragmented, that why I am using 'Quote' [ and deleting your text] so that I can post here.

Eric

hi Nigel,
Have you tried on FF, using the Menu > Help/Troubleshooting Information.?

No, as it's perfectly fine on every other site, and this behaviour only started with the changes here.

My FF was giving me problems the other day, very slow etc... after FF did a clean out of 50Meg of rubbish, my PC gets online and runs much faster.

Some windows/pages on ETO are still fragmented, that why I am using 'Quote' [ and deleting your text] so that I can post here.

It's always nice and fast here, and at home - it's just the changes that have caused problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back