Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something weird II ( revisited )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
I'm loosing the site bit by bit...

At first the floating header was corrupt

Capture.png

Now I haven't a reply box in the messed up threads
Capture2.png

What browser?
What screen resolution?

I am sure you tried the obvious things, like clearing the ETO cookies.

Here is a snippet of my view while responding. It looks normal to me (Win7, Chrome):
upload_2013-12-31_11-30-31.png

Can you sign in as a regular member to see whether the problem is moderator-screen specific?

John

Last edited:
Ian,
I have had that and other window problems for the last few hours.

FireFox Win XP Pro.

FireFox Win XP Pro.[/quote]

Firefox/XP
I've got a corrupted Reply box here, too. The usual toolbar is missing (or hidden). There is 'Drop files here to upload' and 'Draft saved' and 'Draft deleted' text which I don't recall seeing previously. The avatar overlaps the online status indicator of the most recent post.
The Edit window is also corrupted.

FireFox Win XP Pro.
[/quote]
I have to press quote on the bottom of a recent reply now... Yes I have cleared cookies / history... I'm going to load IE to see if that helps..

Back on Chrome.... With EVERYTHING deleted.... Still corrupt ... Hmm I wonder when the last chrome update was

Ian,
Had to post on top of your post!

My IE cannot open ETO at all

Eric

Ian,

Here is my Chrome version: Version 31.0.1650.63 m
Google says I am up to date.

When I Google "update" I got some results that were little different:
Dev. Channel : 33.0.1750.5
Stable Channel: 31.0.1650.67 (December 18, 2013)
Beta Channel: 31.0.1650.68

So, we may be current but on slightly different versions.

Edit: Apparently the date for .63 Stable Channel is December 10th.

Here's the link (some interesting comments about the development channel): https://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

John

Last edited:
Don't know if it's still germane, but...

Everything's OK for me with:

Windows Vista (current)
IE Ver. 9.0.8112.16421

Still the same reported problems here :(
.... and each post now has new' at top left. Sometimes that appears on a red background and sometimes it doesn't,
... and smilies are visible in the Edit window but not in posts,
.... and the Edit window now has a 'Uploads are not available' message

Edit:
UPDATE
I've just discovered the problems seem to affect only Watched threads. Other posts are ok (so far!). That points to a cookies/caching cause?

Edit:
I spoke too soon. Now 'New posts' are afflicted too. Something else I see is that the three right-hand tabs (User, Inbox, Alerts) are not right-justified on corrupt pages. And the buttons appear as plain text with no coloured background.
If Google is caching pages is it perhaps modifying the html without consent (perhaps to optimise it for Chrome)?

Last edited:
Yep!! I had a trip today to see my grandson... You fixed it while I was away... Two nice surprises :) Cheers EM..

hi EM,
As at 16:11 I still get this at the end of a Thread, where the Reply box should be.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back