Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some guidance for manual, auto matic and collector robotts Robots.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

HI guys,

I am interested to make this 3 robots with my friends.....for event called ROBOCON.
the problem statement is shown in Video.

please help me how to start this project as the event will held on 1March 2012.

In manual robot the person has to be sited in Robot frame and operate it..and automatic should control it self by sensors, co-ordinates system,etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

That site wants us to download new software just to view their video or whatever it is. If you can find a way to turn that into a mp4 or similar file i think more people would be apt to look at it for you. Most people down want to have to download software just to see a video, but some might.

Hi,

I have given a you tube link which explain everything (after 2min in video)...and to view 3D layout the Firefox will ask a add on of 652Kb then it will run ...
pls have a look..!!

What is your budget? What hardware you already have?

Last edited:
I don't have anything related to this Robot spare part, i have gone to market where i don't find any high torque motor....according to rules it should not exceed 24V DC.
I am doing this project with my group so, i think we can buy good part but that should not exceed so much.!!
as i have seen one motor in NPC robotic it was of Rs 15000/. one motor.

How can i use 230V motor and i think it size will be very large.

hi Ritesh,
Its important to state the 'speed and acceleration' of the 90kG Mass you want to move.

Also can there be any intermediate gearing between the motor shaft and the loading bearing component.?

ts important to state the 'speed and acceleration' of the 90kG Mass you want to move.

Hi again,

The speed can be 150 to 250 RPM, no idea of acceleration..The robot wt should not exceed 25Kg include battery and then person is to be sited on it for as operator..

Also can there be any intermediate gearing between the motor shaft and the loading bearing component.?

Yes, off course you can use gears..
Please please have a look on above you tube it include animation working of robot.

Watched that demo video,
That a major robot project, at what stage are you with the project development.??

Hi again Sir,

Please just tell me about the motor, without it how can i develop it...??it the basic need of competition.
Robocon will be held on 1 march, 2012...

Last edited:
Hi again Sir,

Please just tell me about the motor, without it how can i develop it...??it the basic need of competition.
Robocon will be held on 1 march, 2012...

hi Ritesh,

The nearest analogy for your man carrying Robot would be the 'electric bicycle' .
These are powered by 3, 12V 6Ahr SLA batteries [36v] , top speed is about 25kph, endurance upto 25km range, about 1 hour.

So the motor rating would be 36V at 6A ~ 200W . For 746W/hp thats approx 0.3hp.

I would suggest that you use a second hand powered bicycle motor [36v] and gear it down to about 5kph for the Robot.
You would also need the 36V charger that is supplied with the powered bike.

I don't think we can use it...
because the voltage should not exceed 24V
the wt. of robot should be less than 25kg.

I have seen that bicycle motor, it was in build in back Tyre and wt was also 10kg of in Tyre and motor which is very much high and the supply was also 36V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back