Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering Iron troubleshootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

Hello everyone, this is my first thread here.
I am using a 60W soldering iron which has a temperature regulator on it. I have never seen anything like this. Also this iron has a ground crockodile clip which saves me from the unnecessary shocks.Also it is automated. It turns off/on all by itself sometimes. I want to know more about my iron. How to use these types of soldering iron with long lasting durability? Is it safe to use the regulator arbitraryly( when necessary)? How to use the regulator carefully?
It is approx. 6$ soldering iron(I want to give you an idea actually)
Another question: I have heard some crackling sound from my soldering after 4 usage. Is that okay? After some minutes the sound was gone though( there were solders on the tip and I forgot to clip the ground properly).

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1099020951.jpg
    tmp-cam-1099020951.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back